1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Arm, Eye, and Jaw Replacements

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Not A President, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

My name is Dynyl, I don't go by anything other. My arm's recently been, and it's hard to type this but, cut off. I'd rather not speak about how it happened, as this post would most likely be moved for off-topic-ness.

I lost my arm due to kidnapping, torturous cultists. I'd also lost my eye due to the little event. I was worried I wasn't going to survive, but besides that, I did. And without an arm, typing this is a mile longer. I can't do my normal everyday activities without effort, so, uh, yeah. Cybernetic arm, mechanical eye, whatever, I need replacements for my lost limb and eye. Not even sure if it works for eyes, but alas I'm here asking.

So, the price can be negotiated. I'm purchasing a ship as of soon, so we may have some argumentation on the price. And for those of you paranoid asshats, here's a selfie of it.
    *A picture is attached of a male human, blue-teal hair. He's without an arm, as well as one of his eyes. He didn't even bother to cover it up or anything.*
    View attachment 2848

-Dynyl

Attached Files:

2. Not A President

Ey, this is now my wound blog! How happy and joyous you must be to hear that
    I not only have lost my arm, ears, and eye
    BUT NOW I'M MISSING MY FUCKING JAW, TOO.

-Dynyl

3. Solour

Solour a dad

Stop whining. Some of us lost body-parts in much worse ways.

-B.B.

4. Not A President

You'd be lucky if you still had a dick. I didn't ask for your shit.

-Dynyl

5. Sen

Sen Guest

I will sell you a replacement brain for 12 pixels.

Bargain!

- doctor bob

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Why in the world aren't you in horrible pain or frolicking in la-la-land from morphine?

- Johnson

7. Solour

Solour a dad

m-muh bodyparts. :^(((
    Grow the hell up.

I'll give you advice. I wouldn't jump right into cybernetics. They're expensive, and require -much- upkeep. I recommend prosthetics. Much cheaper, less upkeep, and easily replace-able. I do recommend a metallic jaw, just incase someone wants to pull a fast one on you. Ears are self-explanatory. Just get some ears grown. Hell, they did it over four-hundred years ago, easily do-able now.

Worst comes to worst, you'll experience phantom-pain, or ghost limbs. Possibly the worst thing you can have, with little help against it. Most of it is just your psyche telling you, it's still there. You'll begin feeling pain, at the stub, as if it's still there. My right hand never had this issue. My knee, and eye however, were different stories. Took me a week to finally accept it. Depending on your will, it could be much more, or much less. I consider a therapist, to alleviate the issues, should they arise.
    Hope this helps. If you remember anything about these cultists, contact me.

-B.B.

8. Not A President

You don't think I'd already been through the morphine, sat in the hospital, all of that?
    And finally someone who actually knows about this stuff. But you do realize it's frustrating not being able to vocally communicate with other people? And I mean, to be honest, I don't know more than the word 'cybernetic'. Anyways I'll consider prosthetics, probably a better choice anyway. I heard that cybernetics take constant drug-use anyway.

-Dynyl

9. Solour

Solour a dad

Ahh, you had a vocal problem too? When I had a little accident with some friendly-fire, I lost my voice, for the longest time. You have a PDA? Type something up, and show it to them.

-B.B.

10. Not A President

Yeah, I've been restricted to that. I don't even have a tongue anymore, because, well, my lower jaw was torn to pieces after they'd cut it off of my head.

-Dynyl

11. Solour

Solour a dad

Yep! I feel you. After the USAF had a falling out, me and my old comrades had a little "visit" from CENTCOM. A miracle it was, that at least -some- of my jaw survived. Easy fix. I'd say the same for you. Best of luck, friend.

-B.B.

12. Not A President

Too bad they, er... ate my jaw. All I have left of it is the bone that juts out from the sides. I gag everytime I look at it, and just thinking about it hurts my brain.

Anyways, anybody who has medical expertise in limb replacement, it'd be great to have some sort of help.

-Dynyl

13. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

What the actual fuck. Anyway, yeah what the other guy said. Prosthetics are a waaaaaay better substitute. I don't reccomend cybernetics.
    -Rektnot