1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The "Lawlz Skarti" excuse.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kirby teh Pink, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Nah, Stab is smart enough to know Skarti will probably do something to piss people off, and possibly get kicked out. She also has seen him argue against being kicked out enough times.

If you hadn't needed to leave at that point, it would have been the second time a member of Staff at Asani got stab's help to kick him out.

She sees it as an opportunity to legally rough Skarti up a bit.

2. Raideck

Raideck Member

Does anyone report nowadays..?

3. Sen

Sen Guest

They would once they realize it's a sure-fire guaranteed way to get someone harassed!

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I have always held to the fact people are far to easy to rile to violence or to forsake their values when someone is rude to them. Was always amazing to me the lengths people would go to attempt brutilize Skarti.

That said, this isn't solely a issus with them. You play into it heavily as well. There have been plenty of times where you have allowed ooc and ic relations to blur the line in roleplay. Many times where you have shown up specifically to try to annoy certain people.

You play a character that doesn't develop, one note. I have seen a lot of deeper roleplay from you on skarti, but in the end it has little to no effect on the character. He is flat, bland, and unchanging to the point he simply exists to be a joke character or bother in most cases. Such is the fate of most gimmicky characters.

5. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I'll admit to that, but it's more than just simple trolling, usually if I go out of my way to annoy a specific person/group, it's to draw attention to their ridiculous rules and/or double standards. Honestly the most fun I've had with Skarti was just exercising basic civil rights and seeing how far others will go to deny them while still feeling justified.

I'd disagree with that, I feel there's been a nice little story arc with skarti, his bitterness is just a way to cover up what he's actually feeling. I'm always open for character development, but it's somewhat hard when people take the "shut up skarti" approach, hm?

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I won't argue the development opportunity wasn't there, as I have been there for several events where Skarti was a believable character with some depth. These are however fleeting and have yet to make an actual impact on him as a whole publicly. The fact he does the same things that get him attacked over and over really shows either a lack of growth in the character, or a mismanagement of that character in your hands.

Or maybe he is just a joke character that does exist solely to get beat on. Who knows.

7. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

As someone that hasn't seen Skarti as much as other players, I can tell his development has been null, even after being force conscripted into Fleet, and part of this lack has been due also to lack of calling him down right on the spot (namely, his promotion). The Skarti seen in May was exactly the same than the Skarti in July/August. I don't think he has changed much since then.

If he has any depth, he probably has it digged two meters under the ground, because none can be seen. And this behaviour has also transfered into others, searching more than a few times which one to send just to annoy other characters from specific players or the one who seems more inconsistent at that time. Thus, gets bad rep, characters talk between themselves and word of him gets around. It has been rare seeing him discussing rather than plainly annoy someone (at least, as far as I have seen him).

8. Solour

Solour a dad

I like you, and Skarti. Whether or not he exists just to annoy people, It's always fun to see words speaking louder than action. He's pretty good IMO. Edgelords will aaalways want to test out their new 360 dual-katana fedora spin, on someone. And usually, when they hear an insult, whether them or not. It's perfect time to show off their E-peen and attack IC reasons or not.

#28 Solour, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  9. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I am not sure what you expected would happen when most of the things you've on Skarti was joking around. Atleast make an alt for that. It is the type of reputation you've built for your character and there is no point typing mcbig largehueg rants about this. You're an alright guy, Skarti. But I didn't expect you to be naive enough to think that everyone should still take your character seriously after various stunts you've done. Your other characters seem to be treated decent enough.

What a rebel.

10. Solour

Solour a dad

you know it.

11. Kirby teh Pink

I find it a little odd that a character who refuses to use violence to solve their problems, values their own culture and doesn't immediately want to have a tea party with every person that walks up to them is seen as a gimmick, but oh well. I guess I'll go make a mercenary character instead.

12. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I will agree that Skarti has appeared to have minimal character development. That's an issue for a lot of characters who are a pain but not evil, since they are frequently seen as little more than an annoyance. I will definitely agree that pointing a gun at a character's head for an insult, and then law officials ignoring it "Because Skarti" is very evident of OOC bias to the character, assuming this person was not incredibly corrupt. If you get any evidence of it or experience it again, screenshot it or mark down the time, and file a report.

13. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

When you show up places that your character has no reason to actually go there, just to be there, and be the way he is, it becomes one note. This is totally setting aside the fact he knowingly antagonizes people knowing full well it will put him in danger because ???.

But yes, instead of actually taking some constructive criticism, go do something else. That will help.

14. Kirby teh Pink

Oh no, your constructive criticism has been noted, and I thank you for that. I was merely pointing out that a character that urges people to reach non-violent solutions isn't a "Gimmick" and is more accurately described as a "Regular person"

Edit: Just realised, if this is an action movie, said character is totally a gimmick and will probably be killed off at some point. Damn.

And hey, there's two mindsets when I play on the server, when I want to write a story and when I want to have fun. Edgelords being ridiculous can be pretty entertaining to watch, no?

#34 Kirby teh Pink, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  15. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Oh no those pesky e-e-edgelords!!!
    You had too much fun as Skarti and this current situation is the result of it. This is why I suggested you to make seperate characters for this.

16. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yeah, make a main for story and a side for fun.