1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Anyone here a Spore player?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fenrous, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Does anyone else here play Spore? Or used to? If you have post a small description of your most successful race, your favorite stage and any other things you wish to note.

I'll start

My most successful race was the first race I ever made on Spore. They were called the Arcadians and over the three times I've had to reinstall the game they have been the first thing I made each time. I took the full blue path with them to space stage and have never changed their Archetype (I love Traders). My favorite stage was Space Stage because there was so many systems to explore and so many things to do (especially with GA installed). Currently my race is at war with the Grox and to make matters more interesting there is a wormhole next to my home system that goes straight into the heart of their territory, this will prove interesting.

Here's a pic of my captain/race: (not very good I know but some of the best work I can do)

[​IMG]

2. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

STEAL ALL THE FUCKING SEAWEED
    edit: AS A CARNIVORE AND STILL EAT IT

3. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

On a serious note, here's one of the things I found I'm fond of:
    [​IMG]
    My name was "recon_9". The accounts lasted forever, so theres the starting rubbish stuff, the later on half decent stuff, and the the later cool stuff.

AND ALSO THE STUFF DONE A BLIND RUSH BUT THAT COUNTS AS RUBBISH STUFF.

4. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

spore is love
    spore is life

5. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Well it can be life if you have the staff...

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I used to play, though I have no screenpics of my first race, they were seriously deformed blue hairless monkeys with a hole of razors as a mouth. Space stage was fun kicking the grox's ass, having gone the aggressive path.

7. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
    My first race was the Rekerians.
    They rekt stuff.
    I chose carnivore, as a cell I ate everything in sight, not including plants, evolved into a two-legged shark, ate everything in sight, including fruit but threw it back up instantly, and then I evolved into a humanoid with a shark head, ate everything in sight, went to tribal stage, killed all the other tribes, was military in civilization and blew up all the other cities, including using the endgame superweapon and destroyed every other city like George W. Bush, aka the American way, built a giant space battle capital ship, allied with some people, then used my ally's forces to kill other aliens, went at war with 7 different races, constantly being invaded, had to defend my planet very often, then I discovered the Grox when I wasn't ready, went in the territory, 3 ships came off planets and instantly rekt my ship, I got rebuilt, purchased the Planet Buster, blew up some planets, breaking the Galactic Code, made pirates invade a Grox planet, blew up a Grox planet with a buster, Grox declared war on me, 2 of my cities were destroyed in a Grox invasion, I upgraded my ship fully and went to the center of the galaxy, met the talking space ship, got the Staff of Life, and Staff'd 3 Grox Planets which instantly destroyed the Grox on the planet because Grox can't live on T3 planets, I then T3'd some more planets bought GA and put guns all over my captain and pretty much destroyed everyone, then I got Omnipotent rank.
    ^^That was the biggest run-on-sentence you've ever seen in your life.

I REKT EVERYONE. GG NO RE.

8. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Holy crap, I used to ADORE this game back in like 2008 & 2009 or whenever Galatic Adventures first came out. I can barely remember anything that I made, but it ate up... uh
    we'll just leave it at a large portion of my nine-year old life.

Is there even still anyone active on that game?? I think its pretty much died but i dont have the installation disc for it any longer so even if i wanted to find out i couldnt

9. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

From what I heard the servers are down. Sucks, I remember a friend of mine once had NINE DIFFERENT EMPIRES of a single species that I made while he was playing space stage.
    Good times. I miss that game...

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

What could have been.

11. QuestionableMotives

Shame on you, Maxis and EA. Shame on you.

12. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

I watched the video, and I still think Spore is an amazing game that deserves 10/10.
    I still play it. Infact, I am right now.

13. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

[​IMG]

14. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Servers down? I can still get stuff from the spore.com site. (unless you mean something else)

15. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

Last I tried I wasn't able to log into my spore account from the in-game menu. Kept giving me a connection error or something like that.
    Wait, are you all still able to log into your spore accounts while actually in the game?

16. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Just loaded up Spore for the first time in ages, and I can get into my account just fine.

17. QuestionableMotives

Yeah, it sure was fun. But I have no clue why they botched the version shown, I mean, its almost like they took out so many features that could have made the game so much more. Still though, the community was great when it was still largely active and the game was dynamic enough to stay fun, but predictable in other aspects so it wasn't super confusing. 8.5/10 would probably play again if i had the disc

18. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

I can log into the game fine. It's just when I am doing adventures or making creations I have to re-log to be able to upload but when I try to play my favorite adventure (A World Devoid) I can't seem to download creations for it

19. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

I can't download ANYONE's creations, I can only make things myself. I think they shut it down in that sense.

20. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

Hm. Strange. I wonder if this was recent cause downloading was fine beginning of December (which is when I last played).