1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Plans moving forward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twitch, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

With the big patch on the horizon there will likely be a nice influx of people back, new players, and a whole lot of exploring and rebuilding. So what are your plans oocly? Will any of this new content change what you are doing now? Throw it all here, who knows maybe you will have some nice discussion.

#1 Twitch, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I'm deeply considering starting a deep space mining company, make use of asteroid fields. The only thing I wish I could do is make actual, little mining ships. Would be cool, unnecessary, but cool. Most of my characters have been tied to a faction or 100% independent, which is bad. The independent thing, not the faction thing.

3. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

continue where I left off but just relocating everything
    don't want to start something new because of some silly sunpeople and other items

4. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Find something to do besides bar RP.

5. Sen

Sen Guest

I doubt the new patch will magically fix the problems here, especially considering the current antisocial staff policies.

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

It would be nice to see a more active administration. I'm hoping that the change will inspire some people to take initiative. But chances are there will still be a lot of bar RP unless we can get people to start binding together, building events, etc. Including the staff, staff run events would be nice.

7. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

You have plenty of other threads to whine about this, try to stay on topic here though dearest.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

It is relevant. As long as the staff continue to idle or, worse, currently, promote antisocial behaviour, many will not make plans for the future, patch or no patch.

9. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I have always wanted to make public use event worlds for folks to just be able to use when they needed a certain setting. I may still wind up doing that down the road.

10. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

I've not seen them promoting antisocial behavior. Explain?

11. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I've had a few event ideas myself. Hoping to put them into use after the update, though that will require creative mod updates and such. Would be surprised if those didn't get updated rather early on. Really, if we had more player driven events, then the staff wouldn't really be necessary outside of their moderating capacity. I think it's a mix of "lack of motivation" and "lack of confidence". The community as a whole is kind of bad at responding to random events.

12. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Well, I've been thinking of just in my spare time making a throw-away character that sends out a signal, and an event similar to an FTL Encounter would happen. After this the character would cease to exist or somesuch. I dunno, thoughts? If I could get other people with me on this then we could start jumpstarting the server.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

Rules regarding anarchist factions being on even footing with socially backed ones? Not to mention the current staff have harassed my faction members and associates, driving one away and disgusting the rest.

14. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Wow, who was it? They can get kicked from the Moderation team if they do the latter kind of thing. You ought to report it.

15. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Please be sure to remain on topic, if you must, create a new thread or private conversation.

16. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

I might come back with the update it looks great and I miss this server.

17. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

I'm gonna get more connected with the community, both icly and oocly. I'm kinda a hermit who only talks to Not A President, haha

18. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'm going to try out some new character concepts and see about getting some in-character use out of the new items.

19. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Dibs on basket-ball player who just happens to be african american.

20. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

How innovative.