1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Event thing

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Toadkid1234, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

So, as those of you who read Ray's Holopad regularly, I'm planning a semi-public event thingy. This is just more of a notification to all you who don't.

QUICK BACKGROUND: Check his friggin journal scrubs.

HOW DOES IT START: Theres gonna be a distress signal from a ton of ships in one spot, an unexplored region of Antares. Ya warp in, (if you respond of course) and you would see before you a space war happening. Also, theres a black hole acting as the sun for the system. System is lit by the accretion disk of relativistic speed plasma around the black hole.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
    • Watching (or participating in, if youre dumb, I mean, brave enough) a space war.
    • Board a huge ship.
    • Boss fight.
    • Kill soldiers.
    • Kill aggressive scientists.
    • Save not-aggressive scientists.
    • Kill non-aggressive scientists.
    • Hack stuff, steal information.
    • Salvage things.
    • Be sad.
    • Complain about drama and edginess.
    • Almost fall into a black hole.
    • Fall into a black hole.
    • Wander through and explore wreckages of giant warships.
    • Things you want to do.
    • And much, much more!
    THOSE WHO WOULD PROBABLY PARTICIPATE:
    • People who like helping people
    • People who know Gillian or Ray
    • People who like responding to distress calls in general
    • People who like watching space wars
    • People who like salvaging stuff
    • People who like killing people
    • People who like crying
    WHEN: Saturday, after 9 ish EST or something EDIT: JK is actually starting 9-930PM on Sunday

If you want to participate, please send me a message. If ya have any questions feel free to ask. It'd be nice if we could coordinate so that I can figure out how this is gonna work.

#1 Toadkid1234, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  2. Anyad

Anyad New Member

I'd love more stuff happening in space. :) I really would - and space battles are a fun concept in so many ways.
    The only problem is that I'm not about to read those walls of text in your journal (and why would I, indeed).
    This is 'roleplay planning'. Please, could you at least give a two sentence summary reflecting what someone who's not your character's bosom-buddy might know? :)
    What space war, how space war why space war?

3. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

can It not be 9ish

4. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yeah, you ought to give it some time to be arranged. Next week, mayhaps? Unless it is already arranged.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Sure thing bud. Those walls are pretty daunting. However, this is gonna be a wall itself. There is a TL:DR, for all you lazy gits.

The Hylotl Science Fleet used to be a peaceful, spacefaring, independent entity solely intent on advancing science and technology for the Hylotl. Over time, they became rather closed off to other races, deeming them inferior; the oppressive Miniknog, the bloodthirsty Floran, the aggressive USCM, the religious avian freaks, and the not-really-sentient Glitch. They began production of military spacecraft, soldiers, and firearms as their Fleet grew. A hierarchy was formed, with the Fleet Admiral at the peak. Steadily, the Admiral became more power hungry and corrupt. He ordered the orbital bombardment of Floran colonies. He began producing ships and weapons that went against interstellar peace conventions. And now, he is employing Miniknog 'thought reassignment' techniques, only with the manipulation of the physical brain rather than psychological treatment.

A number of Fleet members wanted to put a stop to this. They have steadily grown in number, being as careful as possible to avoid the eye of the Admiral. To carry out this plan, however, they need Ray - who has been trained in ship to ship combat strategy - to carry this out, as the strategizing supercomputer employed by the Admiral is a daunting foe. They hatched a plan; they would suggest the Admiral kidnap Ray and reprogram him, for use in the coming conquest of Antares. They would use Ray for their own usurping of the Admiral's power, overwhelming him with their numbers and restoring the HSF to their original ways of scientific advancement.

Unfortunately, the Admiral had known about this group from the start, and has a surprise of his own for those who betray him.

TL;DR - Civil war. Guys who think the Admiral is crazy evil vs guys who dont.

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I could postpone, and probably should cuz I gotta build the set and write the script, but both my characters are basically gone now and next weekend is going to be busy for me. I'll consider, but no promises.

7. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Well, if 9 tommorow, I am ready. I'm just not sure others will be.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Its simply not possible to set a time when everyone can do it. Most of the closely-related people can do it tomorrow.

9. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I can do it at 9 PM tomorrow. Yaaaaaay
    EDIT: Already discussed with Toadkid, I'm gonna be the guy who warps in, sees battle, and gonna do sum cool shiz.

#9 CaptainBritton02, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

NEW THING
    Time is changed to Sunday at 9:30 ish EST. I think.

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Thanks to everyone who participated last night!

Because of unprecedented length, tonight we will be continuing from where we left off: AKA Ray's half. It will certainly be shorter in length than yesterday's.

12. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

[​IMG]

I would prefer we don't have a similar incident to that... What was it... The stupid virus that infected every organic being for some apparent reason because space magic. If there's one thing you don't want to do it's a boss fight. If it were a ship fighting another ship in space combat then yeah that's fine, but in the context of what's being said as a boss fight that alone is enough for me to want to abandon this thread. Please elaborate on that, because I'm just picturing the most... horrific experience ever.

13. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Bro.
    It literally was just a guy who had a gun and armor. No effect on anyone outside the group. Turned out to be a huge dumbass and got blown out a shattered space window anyways. I'm not dumb. I have the capacity to think logically.

14. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Good. Just checking.
    Because sometimes Humans are stupid.

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Good thing I'm a hylotl!

16. Optimism

Optimism Guest

[​IMG]
    Seafood stew, anyone?

17. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

^What happened, except pan is a black hole.