1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Bullying

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Julius Mayne, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I will copy/paste the description of the video, I did not write it and therefore I am not accountable by the opnions presented in said description:
    Aaron Hill is a disabled boy in Okeechobee who was lured out of his home by a girl claiming to want to go on a date. Once to the location she chose, he was ambushed by Andrew Wheeler and a gang of at least 8 other people. Andrew beat him senseless, held a knife to his throat, And told him he was going to shoot and kill him. This was filmed the whole time, but currently this is the only video I can get a hold of. The video was on Andrew’s facebook and he went around bragging about his crime. He was arrested, but only charged with minor assault and no charges or arrests are being made on the others involved. Some of the others involved have family in the Okeechobee police department and also DCF. One of the parents even destroyed evidence to protect their guilty little brat. So now the Okeechobee Police Department are trying to bury this story because some of the kids have ties to the department. We’re asking everyone to spread this around that we want justice for Aaron, that if anyone has a copy of the video please take it to the media. We need all media outlets to know this is a cover up and we will not accept it. Please download and spread this video. We’re using the hashtag JusticeForAaron.

PLEASE, if you have it, PLEASE make a copy and take it to all media, ALL MEDIA, not just Okeechobee I’m talking surrounding counties. This is extremely important. Aaron and his mother are getting death threats and they deserve justice. We need more people! Okeechobee is a little town run by the Good Ole Boys. Ferguson is allowing them to think this is okay. News channel 25 contact them at [email protected] or 5616942525! We need this to blow up to make this stop. In the wake of Michael Brown and the others that have been hurt by police, we cannot let them bury this like a bunch of crime lords. Their job is to protect us, not protect the guilty from justice. And by the way there’s been ANOTHER unarmed black man killed by police. He was shot in the back and he was complying with police orders. He was also mentally handicapped. This. Needs. To. Stop.

2. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Unrelated to the forums, Sen. It was simply a piece of news I believe should be noted.

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

on a more serious note -- yeah this is a legitimate concern, but no one gives much of a damn about it.
    reasons why:

1. classic excuse: kids will be kids. (this is also known as bullshitting your way out of a bad situation)
    2. classic excuse 2: they're just playing. (this is also known as being in denial)
    3. people are expected to stand up for themselves -- people are afraid to do that so they dont and they dont tell anyone because seriously think about it, if you get verbally abused, the last thing you wanna do is be like "ayo mom ayo dad i got verbally shat on at school" and go into detail about it -- that's just not reasonable for children of any age to want to do.

anyway -- looking at the description, gonna pull a quote from it.

holy fucking shit people
    okay so

this is a classic case of racism
    it isn't anything more or anything less.
    this isn't anything new -- it's happened so much before but the only reason it's getting publicized now is because of one thing and one thing alone
    think of what people dont want on the server right now
    they dont want a lot of conflict
    spoiler alert!
    thats what people irl dont want!
    but the news loves to stir the cockpot! (not crockpot)
    so while the news stirs the cockpot, it causes people to get fucking buttmad.
    now you're wondering
    "narf why are you such a faggot and is this relevant"

1.) because i can be dont stifle my dreams
    2.) this is relevant because that's exactly what it's doing. causing conflict. this shit's been swept under the rug for so long and is now being made relevant because tensions are already high in the USA why not make them fucking higher am i right?

okay i'm done i made myself mad i might edit this post later and put more shit in it expressing my opinions, or make a new post altogether. fuck.

#3 Narfball, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Why is this in General Discussion? Moved to Off-Topic.

5. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Admitingly this thread is in the wrong place, but the intent is very meaningful. Even as an RP community we should be able to come together to stand for something bigger than ourselves. I support Julius in this case... but the thread should still be moved to off topic.

6. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

That was a mistake on my part, I didn't remember we had an Off-Topic section. Had I remembered, I would've put it there instead.

7. skipi

skipi New Member

its pretty funny when roleplayers scream "cyber bullying" when they're criticized
    because they clearly don't understand what bullying is

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Bullying is a tough issue, even though it is simply a part of school. Regular teasing and name calling, while hurtful, isn't too damaging in the long run. What was sickening about this was that this is a kid who was unable to stand up for himself. He was disabled, and while that doesn't mean he is unable to do anything, it means he is vulnerable to others to some degree.

9. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

While I can agree with Julius's view and feelings about bullying and sort of thing, there isn't a lot that you can do about it. It's not the first time it's happened and it certainly won't be the last.

IMO it's delusional to think that we can change the way people think and do things and even if we do manage to get THESE guys into court, there's still about a thousand other similar cases that will never reach the public.

My advice? Let it be. If the problem isn't immediately/indirecty affecting you or one of your friends, classmates, family, etc, then let it be.

If you can't be there to teach the asshats a lesson, then it's pointless. Violence may not solve the problem but it can damn well keep it at bay.

It's a might seem like an apathetic, cold thought/idea, but that's just real life.

10. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

None in here is in power to help. Neither I think anyone would care enough to 'spread the word'.

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Wish I could help, but unfortunately I live under a proverbial rock. Sorry bud. I like the good intent though. Maybe there is some good in the community here! (No offense everybody else)

12. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Whether or not people decide to spread the word is up to them entirely. However, I have done my part in hoping to see the right thing be done. We are a community, that means we have the power of influence, no matter how minute it may be.

13. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

I'm gonna be serious for once in my life and tell you straight-up man; we're a bunch of role-players, and most of us are shitlords (no offense to you non-shitlords) (i am also a shitlord fyi) that care more about role-playing and/or ourselves than some stranger that got beat up by some dweebs. So, on a legit serious note, find out where the kid lives or where /you/ live, and start a campaign against it if you're really serious. Maybe send the video link to some of those anti-bullying organizations, etc etc.

14. The Big Bad Wolf

I think this thread accomplished it's purpose. It's not a matter of immediate action to resolve such hateful acts. This is about awareness.
    Though most people are playing the cool nonchalant card, in reality I am sure some of you would feel offended and perhaps even compelled to do something to help were you directly in that environment.

While I'm no better then the next guy, as i have no intention of putting effort into something this distant from me. Matter of fact even if a situation like this was to go down infront of me theres no guarantee i would involve myself.(I have no problem being selfish) But I do recognize the affect a thread like this has.

It is about awareness. Though many won't act, among us there are a few that may. Whether they decide to do something in their own community, or whether they do as Julius did and post this on another social media device to put a spotlight on these acts of violence.

It's like the ice bucket challenge, it went viral and made a condition that the average person didn't know existed a thing. It brought awareness which convinced celebrities and a flock of the population to donate to the cause. All because someone posted a video.

This is the same concept and though it may not draw as much attention(bullying is common, and most turn the other cheek or have become desensitized) it may spark some individuals to act, rather then ignoring this hate crime.

15. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I just liked the unneeded mention of Ferguson.

16. Sen

Sen Guest

17. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

18. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

19. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

tinfoil hat pls

20. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker