1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Self Sufficiency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raideck, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Raideck

Raideck Member

I decided to bring this to everyone's attention. I understand keeping track of money is not an easy thing to do when the economy is non-existent. However no group, colony, and just people are self sufficient. We need to trade with others, for example; the group I am trying to bring up, the RSSU, is not self sufficient. They have a gun supplier with a real gun company in the game, they trade with other people and need rations to keep themselves alright.
    Thoughts?

2. Sen

Sen Guest

Self sufficient is for villages.

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Just IC steal 100% of your resources

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I definitely approve more regulated assets, mining colonies, farming colonies, etc.
    It gives factions clear limits, and supports trading RP between factions and colonies.

Reminds me of Early RA, when they traded protection for durasteel from Tetanus' mines and scrap yards.
    I beleive they also traded with the prior for food.

We could use more stuff like that.

5. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

I've done my best to keep Viv's company as legitimate as possible.
    Keeping track of finances, bi-weekly employee pay, purchasing shipments of metal from Panzer and I might even start buying food from a farmer sometime soon.
    It adds a level of depth to the RP, and certainly affects decisions when you realize that you can't afford something.
    I'd say its fun, but corporate RP can only be so exciting.

Still, I'm happy this is becoming more common. It's hard to run a colony/business like this when there are so few people on the bandwagon.

6. Raideck

Raideck Member

What can come from this is relations between colonies and factions becoming tighter or loosening. Such as say there's a colony a and colony b. Now the random faction here wants both their supplies but colony a hates colony b and could get upset over their trading. So it could add some drama rp and make it so the faction or group have to find a way to get the supplies without upsetting either party or otherwise do whatever.