1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I am getting a bit of a "vicious cycle" vibe from all of this.

2. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I'm not really sure what you guys even want now. We gave up the military stuff, we joined a faction run by one of the community's oldest members, who I have complete faith in when it comes to running a faction successfully. Just because we're sticking together as a group OOC, we're still doing things wrong? Would it make you guys happy if we each went our own ways, after so many months of doing our best to improve each other as RPers, even if we weren't successful in the eyes of the community? Ya know, I don't even want you guys to have faith in us, I don't even care about that a little bit. But will you all stop hounding us for not giving up on each other?

I would like to make it clear, these are just my own personal feelings and do not represent anyone's feelings but my own.

3. skipi

skipi New Member

I feel there'd be a much better chance you'd move forward if you chose to split up and interact with other groups WITHOUT the presence of each other, even if for a month or two.

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

There's no reason to ever leave those you call your friends oocly just because a few people worry about what you'll do together.

Friends don't leave friends cause a few idiots tell them to.

5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Don't rp with your internet friends.
    That's bad.

6. Atom

Atom New Member

If you have not changed in months, its time to try and improve your RP with OTHER people. Get outside of your comfort zone.

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I suggest rping with the founder of the Outcasts, Sharptooth

Er, Cass rather. They're virtually the same.

8. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Actually, ya see, outside of our comfort zone is outside of a military faction. Outside of our group of friends is just setting us up to knock us back down when we screw up even slightly, and then we won't have the support of anyone.

9. skipi

skipi New Member

I'm not asking you to leave each other out of character.
    I'm asking you to separate yourselves in character.

that's a bit harsh

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

USCM --> USAF --> ICIA --> RA --> Fracture
    I fucking called it.

11. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

That's what we've already done. There's no guarantee our characters will end up friends. They're simply allies working within the same faction.

12. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

We.... Arn't the only ones in the group. There are indeed the original members. Who will HOPEFULLY stay this time.

13. Pie4Pigs

I'll just wait to see if they prove us wrong. Most of their original characters are dead or missing at this point, so I definitely see an effort to ditch the past and try to improve their future RP.

If they don't prove us wrong, welp, THEN I'll throw an internet bitchfit.

14. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

The "USCM group" as the server often erroneously calls it, has quite the history of going outside our comfort zones into new areas.

When Union fell, we had planned to join Tetanus, we would barely be a "military" just a group of people living there.
    Until a glitch called QT something revealed everyone's position, since we were on the run IC, that entire plan had to be scrapped.

Then came a time at Eden, Where there was a massive IC split, that ended with the 2 sides practically hating each other, due to personal differences and stress.

"Felith's group" became refugees/citizens amongst the floran tribe, before still others went separate ways ic.
    "Josh's group" ended up at NC and joined security forces, for a time, before being fired.

The only time when they settled their differences IC was when they defended each other in a fight, showing that they could actually still trust each other, at least somewhat.

It was later they were picked up by the RA, and even then it was a time before everyone was "affliated" Ic.

TL;DR
    We've done this, I beleive the term is "check yourself before you wreck yourself"

It's been a long ardous effort to attempt to show everyone that we are not what the server makes us out to be.
    The fact that we get threatened with "bitchfits" if we fail is why I've constantly told them to stop trying to please you lot and just enjoy their RP. Cause it's impossible to please everyone.

15. Atom

Atom New Member

So your afraid of change? How are you going to improve your RP if you can't accept criticism of anyone outside of your clique. I'm not talking about criticism here, I mean on the spot in-game with other people that are not in your OOC group.

16. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

No, see, you're assuming. You shouldn't do that. Time and time again we've interacted with people outside of our group, we've accepted on the spot criticism, and we've never been afraid to change things up occasionally. We are in no way afraid of change, made obvious by the fact that ALL OF OUR MAINS ARE GONE. We've given up everything to start fresh, like this community has been demanding. So next time you assume any of us are afraid of change, look back on our history as the USAF group and tell me, is anything the same as it once was, besides the criticism we still receive?

17. Pie4Pigs

Alright, that's not promising to hear. At all. Taking the perspective that the RA has done nothing wrong and should only worry about pleasing each other with their RP? That's exactly what this thread has been trying to prevent.

And there's no need to take my "bitchfit" comment seriously. It was a, uh, "joke".

18. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, I think the fact that the RA is gone now because there was so much wrong with it should show you that we aren't ignoring you guys. Malachar simply stated that we can't hope to please every single person and we shouldn't try to, not that we shouldn't try to please anyone.

19. Atom

Atom New Member

This clearly states that you are afraid of getting criticism outside of your group.

20. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Reading is like math, if you limit or expand your brain the right way, you can make something say anything you want it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.