1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Then this is better left to a private conversation with the officials of the RA, not to make a public thread for people to bash on the folks. As I said, we're a community. Help one another. Not fight one another. You're pointing a problem out and that's good, but you're not telling them what they can do to fix it. Those are two completely different things.

2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

The solution was to join us. Get an inside look of how we actually worked. And -work with us- to fix the problem. Which may be what you're doing a bit now, but it not as direct.

3. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Precisely.

4. GuardianPotato

Tell me this. This one thing.

Why couldn't this of been done privately, with more than a few mods, where people wont derail it?

Honest question.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

You are handling this in a very unprofessional manner. This isn't a bash and you know it.

Okay, let me put it in perspective. When the threads came out bashing me for the Ehlers Cigarette company, did you come to my aid and say all they were doing was bashing me? I don't remember, if anything, you contributed to it.

6. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Because you would've ignored it otherwise. You would've completely blown it off and continue to do what you already have been doing. This is a chance for us, all of us, to come out and say what has been bothering us about the RA. Did people put it under the rug when the Wolves were causing problems? No. Did people bring it to private discussion over the Ehlers Cigs company? No.

7. LaserLlamas

I think you're missing the point... You're not helping directly to make things better. It's not your responsibility sure but if you're going to complain about something knowing there's a problem, why aren't you even lifting a pinkie to help out?

You aren't giving them solutions, you're only giving them problems. There's a difference between pointing something out then trying to fix it. You could say "Look, that baby is about to fall off the ledge next to me!" and then just watch it fall off the a ten story building. That's what I'm imagining with this thread right now.

8. King Tickle

Again, it's about civil discussion and information sharing.
    I expect people to be capable of that... To be mature enough to take criticisms and go into a discussion without bias.
    I have this phrase. "Going into a discussion with an opinion already set in your mind is not going into a discussion, it's going into an argument. You need to go in with an open mind that is ready to LEARN from the discussion, that's how things change."

9. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Julius, it's a matter of perspective. I'm certain people would have said any thread bashing your company was meant to be informative, but you disagree. It is the same for this thread. Those that have things to say about the RA, no matter how negative, believe themselves to be doing good by telling us how we're wrong. Yet the way we see it is that, while we do try and we have made significant improvements, people continue to tell us we aren't good enough.

10. GuardianPotato

Could we maybe get this back on topic with what any further concerns of the RA are?

11. Spyrosis

Spyrosis Basedgod

Example of good constructive criticism:
    (Susan has been mean lately)
    Susan, I noticed you've been awfully mean lately, is there a reason behind this and is there something I can do to help?
    Example of bad constructive criticism:
    (Susan has been mean lately)
    Susan, you suck.

Seriously though, criticism is a two way street, you can have the best intentions in the world and word it in a manner where the recipient wouldn't respond kindly to it. Even if you make it clear you're in no way bashing the recipient, and manage to come across as just trying to help, the recipient also has to be able to effectively take criticism without constantly justifying what they're doing wrong.

12. King Tickle

The first step to fixing a problem is knowing there's a problem in the first place.

13. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Isn't half the battle acknowledging the problems in the first place? We are helping them identify what the ocmmunity doesn't like. Hell, I'll give kudos to Guardian for saying that there is, in fact, a problem.

14. King Tickle

Yes please. Let's stop derailing and get to the issues so we can gain from this. Thank you Guardian.

I was just noting something is all.

15. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I see it as informative then. Back when people "bashed" the company, I didn't see it as bashing. I saw it as a learning experience for my first server faction. It was an opportunity to learn from my previous transgressions, not a deliberate attack.

16. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

None of the change is visible though, man. You're saying that you guys changed, and you're saying you're democratic behind closed doors - but if you want to prove you guys have changed, you all need to show us. Take losses. Get some In-Game resource structures.
    Prove it to us in game, not through a weak show of an 'Acquisition Sheet' with anonymous donors giving you the things that might get magicked up anyways.

Listen to me now and hear me later, prove it.

17. GuardianPotato

(It would be nice if you gave us time. Both me and cole are new to leading/setting shit up.)

18. LaserLlamas

Yes and I said to find a better source for your income, not a cigarette company, since I didn't see why a company like that would want to fund an entire city, and that's the most I said about it. That problem is long gone, so there's no need to bring that up, this problem is present and can be fixed. With Wolves we addressed problems, I would have preferred privately but that wasn't really given to us as a choice due to stubborn folks. But the problem I kept coming to when fixing these problems is /no one/ giving us any other solutions to fixing these problems. The most I was given for a solution was "disband wolves". For the longest time, we weren't told about how much we were ignored OOC because no one was willing to help fix a problem, let alone even address it. All you people did was let your hate and anger for us fester, and then all I'm doing is seeing this here again.

Like I said, I get that pointing out a problem helps, it does, that's good. But how hard would it be to type another sentence afterwards to offer one of many solutions to help fix the problem faster?

19. King Tickle

Please stop derailing without contributing to the discussion, all these types of posts will be reported.

20. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I appreciate the fact that you are willing to work with us on this. You've earned some respect by not being combative about this. The thing about trust is that you have to start doing the change before we trust you. Just be the example and eventually people will trust you.

Again, I point to New Chicago. People respected it when it fell, they realized that a genuine effort was made to improve on the quality of RP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.