1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I can assure you, this is not the case. First of all, we don't have any powerful magic technology or high weaponry. Of course, if you have examples, that would be wonderful! As for the winning all the time, this has been under discussion within our group for months. Believe it or not, we have been working on it, and while you guys may not believe that, it's true.

2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Agreed. Very much so.

3. skipi

skipi New Member

Magic keycards that detect fingerprints and vitals that no longer work the moment the RA soldier dies.

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

When we can, I'd like this question answered, too. Thank you.

5. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I'm not sure what you mean by the vitals, but the keycards detect no fingerprints, as far as I know. It's simply a normal, everyday keycard.

6. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

So, now you guys are going to be largely inconsistent with your knowledge?

7. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

So... I don't see this going anywhere. It's just an attention-grabbing thread to evoke more hate behind the seemingly innocent front of trying to work a nonexistent problem out.

Because I only see the same people who always make this sort of thread here. I don't see anyone different concerned with this. It seems like it's only a bunch that seems to have a problem with it. A specific bunch.

And we're not going anywhere here. We're just repeating the same things over and over again. What's the point of this? Neither side is budging.

8. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

Cute. I definitely said "garbage". And totally said that we're allowed to do things wrong because someone else did things wrong as well.

Bullshit. I was captured, taken to a ship, and shot point blank after being half stripped in less than five minutes, after having an ENTIRE fountain on Taranis be destroyed by two smg's. I fired a whole two shots, hitting one guy in the shoulder once. No intent to kill, didn't call any bs like "aiming for so-n-so's head". Deeeefinitely calls for a sudden and abrupt death.

Skipi already told his side of the story? I did not say "don't trust Skipi, he's a douchebag,". He opened this topic with snipits of conversation, which is bias. If that should be taken seriously at all, the rest of the conversation should be posted, not one segment that he is able to use to further his own argument. I think Skipi's integrity should be just as much a topic as anything else if he's going to start attacking a group of people. If he can't take what he's putting out, then maybe he shoulda stopped spreading more flame.

I won't revise my message. If you want to limit your views on the thread by not reading all the posts, that's your own fault. It's pretty easy to skim through posts that are directly against your argument, and point out some little thing that "justifies" you ignoring it.

The bias being...? Calling someone on their bias? Is that really biased? If entire conversations will be quoted here, there'd be no bias for me to mention. Until then, I will gladly call it out. And if I'm "biased" for seeing others withholding information that they can't use for themselves, then so be it.

9. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Please, someone clarify, I've been gone for about a month and only recently returned. Are the keycards supposed to detect vitals and fingerprints?

10. GuardianPotato

To clarify, this has been fixed. The key card itself is a simple key card. But associated with it is a PIN number and finger scanner. (Which each security panel has one of each, along with a card swiper). So all three have to match up.

Take for example we have "Bob" ((Sush I'm not creative)). Bob has his ID card. He swipes it on the panel, enters in his PIN, then finger scans. Walla, the door opens! Now lets say someone gets bob, his ID card, and his finger. They go to the door. Card swipe, finger scan. But oops. Dun have the right PIN.

Any problems with this? Voice em now.

11. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

The keycards have been attempted to be stolen multiple times. Thank god for crazy strange key-card magicks.

EDIT: Oh, sike. The above is uh.. Not magic. Just silly.

12. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I can personally attest to the fact that the opening arguments are not in any way incomplete. Also, even if his integrity were in question, there are obviously more of us with genuine complaints.

I will politely ask that you try not shifting the blame and the problems on him instead of addressing them yourself. It comes off as very unprofessional and as if you are trying to avoid any actual discussion on how the RA behaves as a faction.

13. skipi

skipi New Member

You clearly did not read my response thoroughly. I explained that these "snippits" were the entire respective conversations.

14. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Actually, I must admit I have an issue with the fingerprint scanner. It's a bit unnecessary and many of the races most likely would be unable to use it.

15. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

I wrote quite clearly it's a messy message and I'm doing several stuff. This is a matter that I don't care much.

And for The USAF-RA people. You lost equipment, but the main issue, the core, that which makes lots of people angry/mad, is mentality, and that hasn't changed much, and it's been mentioned several times. And because there's been promises in the past, NO ONE believes in it, myself included.

Edit (for some reason, it posted it before I finished): You guys had someone called Leschinsky backing you up for months, believing in the faction. And even him, funiest 'hippie' I've ever seen, lost faith in it. You really, really need to think about a lot of things.

#115 Keycross, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  16. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Information sharing... Please, if you think that actually trying to solve issues instead of letting them sit in the ground isn't worth it then... I pray for your future.

There's a reason the phrase "It's a dirty job, but some body's gotta do it." exists. It's not a joke or a funny quote, it means something deeper than just what you probably heard Mike Rowe saying every time you watched Dirty Jobs or something. It's a famous quote for a reason.

17. GuardianPotato

(True) So probably just PIN and Card.

18. Atom

Atom New Member

If you don't see the problem here then your are obviously PART OF THE PROBLEM.

19. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

"no direct insulting"? what about
    Is this not an insult, i get that it can be an opinion but does it have to be a rude statement at that, i get it that, but do you really have to call out upon all of the old players of the USAF, Not everyone with them is a "Powergamer/Godmodder/Metagamer", Dustclaw broke both of her legs in a fall, and i sick rp'd for a few days, i understand "Oh but that's only a few days". A few days of basically sitting in a bed doing nothing is a very long time to go out without rping, and doing nothing, but i felt like that was enough time considering that i am trying to keep my alt numbers down by a lot, and i don't want to drive myself away from my Main character. All i ask is to not take in account all of the old USAF people as a whole, I get we have messed up, and that we are not that "Likable" and "We're Just another USCM" but don't take all of this out on some other good rp'ers that are just here to Rp.

20. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Ya know, we're not even asking you guys to believe in us. We didn't make this thread, you guys did. We're only replying to clear some things up, but we aren't seeking your approval, because we know we're trying, whether or not you guys believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.