1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Read my edited post, please. RA no longer owns any power armor. As for it existing, well, take that up with the mods, that has little to do with the RA.

2. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

I understand that, but in all honesty if you bring things such as emotions into a debate, it kinda defeats the purpose, seeing as you are judging one, say a Speaker says something to the other opponent that would insult them in some way shape or form, would you not dock them points in a debate, honestly nothing good comes from belittling someone in a discussion, or adding insult's to basically just to flame and force someone to be at the point where they just give up trying to end the literal pissing-fest is completely defeating the meaning of a debate, at this point it becomes "What can we say to make them stop trying to defend themselves so we can keep at it until our opinion just becomes truth because they have given up trying" ;~;

3. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

[​IMG]

this was what he said happened to him, since he uh. Got some lung surgery that made his lungs sensitive..?

View attachment 2644

Attached Files:

4. skipi

skipi New Member

The USAF guys have changed? I wouldn't hold my breath.

5. Optimism

Optimism Guest

On topic, por favor.

6. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

Posting in small, grey chat that blends in with the background to try and seem cute isn't helpful and really just rather annoying. If you're just going to say 'Let's all get along,' without being willing to focus on the /CLEARLY PRESENTED ISSUES/ that /MANY, MANY/ members of the community are voicing you just should refrain from posting in this thread.​

7. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I would like to say that powergaming has always been an issue with the RA and USCM. However, this is on it's own level altogether.

8. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

'Scuse me while I go yell at a private.

9. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I can't say anything about this, but I would like it if you guys could please refrain from singling out anyone. If you have issues with any one character or person, it may be better to send them a PM.

10. skipi

skipi New Member

No. We are concerned about the actions of a very specific group of people. There will be names.

11. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

An understandable request. However, we wouldn't be using it as evidence if it wasn't something we commonly see within the RA.

12. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

You're right, and I have in fact docked points for use of Ad Hominim (And the emotionally charged Opposition speaker was also looking towards the Affirmation, which is another violation of TCFL conduct...) in previous competitions. But in this case I don't see any exemplification of "What can we say to make them stop trying to defend themselves so we can keep at it until our opinion just becomes truth because they have given up trying" ;~; And while things maybe be emotionally charged, I see no direct insults, just opinions. See this isn't an official debate; in debate opinions aren't smiled upon but here it's good for us to share opinions and with that comes some emotion. BUT, again I see no direct insulting. Just opinion, relax man.

13. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Being vague is not a way to incite change, buddy.
    Names need to be called out if we want to see anything get better.

14. Atom

Atom New Member

[​IMG]
    Things like this seriously kill the RP for me. Perfect example of consent shield. Poor RP.

15. GuardianPotato

I am currently talking with Jackson about it right now over steam.

16. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Knock yourself out, but like I said, I don't trust you guys to solve this on your own. We're going to need eventual mod involvement.

17. skipi

skipi New Member

I agree. It doesn't matter how many small issues like this that the RA resolves. The USAF crew are going to continue on with this mentality that they need to win all the time. The fact that they don't have a mech or power armour now changes little, since they apparently never used it. The problems of their magic powerful technology and high weaponry appearing from literally nowhere is not resolved.

18. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Honestly all I'm seeing is a lot of trust issues. To be blunt; I barely trust anyone of you here, and yet I continue to do so.

Perhaps if you want to help them as bad as you people say, maybe you should join them hm? Sadly none of you think this because, let's be honest, you hate them. You're not going to be able to help from the outside, you need to be inside to help.

So go on, offer your services to better them. If your words don't work, use your actions.

19. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

OK. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. STOP.
    Lung operation of any kind, especially lungs "shaken out of place," take MONTHS to recover from. It may be the future but only are things not so advanced but lungs are delicate and cannot be tampered with while they heal. Again, MONTHS.

How do I know? Personal experience. About 9 months ago a reoccurring case of lung collapses happened in my life and I was hospitalized 6 times along with 2 lung surgeries. Each surgery was a good 2 weeks in the hospital, then immeasurable and crippling pain for a month and half, then after slowly recovering over the course of 3 months you are given a Dr.'s warning to not engage in any straining physical activity for YEARS to come until your lungs are as close to 100% healed as possible.

I'm still living with the medical notice and am restricting myself from my daily runs and other activities. Lung surgery is NOT some silly "I'll be better in one day" thing.

20. GuardianPotato

To clarify on the plasma weapons. Those were leftovers from the old RA. And we do indeed have a limited supply of them. (Which I have been meaning to work out soon enough. But a lot of shit going on; fun. And its hard to keep track of every single individual capsule.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.