1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

First thing you learn in speech & debate is, that no debate is to use insults as an argument.

"'Super stonk Cybernetic bird' is saying how he's going to fix the play to win faction" is kinda an insult ;~;

2. Sen

Sen Guest

"they're doing something wrong, so we can do something wrong too!"

3. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

That power armor is actually left over from the old RA, it survived the conflict that nearly destroyed them because they were stored aboard Crosswell's ship. If we removed them completely, it would require voiding which I know no one finds acceptable, or selling the suits IC, which would likely cause just as much of an issue as keeping them is.

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Fair enough, if you are willing to look into that and so be it.

5. skipi

skipi New Member

"skipi posted this therefore hes wrong"
    What a revolting use of bias to fuel your argument.
    Outcasts did everything within the rules. We did not use overpowered technology, and we tried to avoid forcing character death on people. On the flip side, nothing I've said here is inaccurate. None of the conversations I posted were chopped. The screenshot from Felith's message was met with a "lol" as response and nothing else. Nothing here has been skewed or exaggerated. The RA just manage to make themselves /that/ bad.

6. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I didn't even know we had power armor suits. And again, I haven't seen anyone use them.

7. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

The fact that you have power armor in the first place is rather questionable. The fact that the old RA was revived and /allowed/ to use it's old equipment simply because they say "we existed before" is rather questionable.

8. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

That's hilarious. He was the co-captain of Speech and Debate while I was the Captain of Speech and Debate for 3 years, and even more ironically funny is I'm headed to judge a competition tomorrow.

You don't want to start, trust me. Especially with that ridiculous Ad Hominim accusation.

9. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Correct. So you should let skipi tell his side of that story, preferably off this thread, since we're discussing more resources than buildings and skipi's integrity is another topic.

Also, Felith said no one was banned (he is the new leader)
    You say Skipi was banned.

Who is telling the truth?

10. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Issue is how the player aquired it. It's an old rper called Raideck whom was notorious for carrying a barrel on his back with a clusterfuck of weps and even a heavy armor. And it was a donation.

Please revise your message, add paragraphs so it doesn't seem a clusterfuck, then I may read it.

Honestly, there's was once upon a time where the USAF wanted to change. Having 3 suits of armor is still having avaliable 3 power armors for emergencies. And again, that's something a 'civil' faction wouldn't own at all, much less a mech. Ghosts from past are still haunting around, foreseeing things to come.

11. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Agreed entirely. It's funny because while ASinisterIon is accusing you of being bias, he's the one making an entire post out of bias himself.

12. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Please read the posts that have already been made regarding power armor. The power armor is not in use because we do not have the resources to repair them if they are damaged. They are in storage. The RA does use some of its old gear, but it is not power armor, it is basic body armor meant to protect vital areas.

Edit: I have just been told that, when the old leaders of the RA left, the suits went with them. It seems the RA -does not- own any suits of power armor anymore.

13. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Some of them were probably true. I was unable to oversee what my faction members did 24 hours a day. However, I tried my best to make sure that the people who were in the faction did the best RP. I would often chastise my own people OOCly for making poor RP decisions. No faction is without it's bumps.

Also, I think if you had seen the way NC went down. That wasn't powergaming.

14. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Sounds good to me.

15. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

You are just going with whatever someone else tells you? Aren't you the leader? Shouldn't you be prepared with these counter-arguments before posting defenses for them.

16. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Progress! Now the phantom mech. I don't believe it should be in inventory or exist at all without a concrete source. A shady benefactor will not make that cut. If someone knows exactly how it was acquired, let us know, please.

17. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

You misunderstand how we run things. He is the new figurehead of the faction, but we operate as a democracy behind the scenes.

18. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I still find the idea that the power armor exists to be kind of a shady thing. However, if they have yet to use it the subject can be re-visited for when and if they use the aforementioned power armor.

19. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Actually, Sen explained it quite well. There will be a discussion about the mech, but at the moment, we cannot say what will happen with it. We would prefer not to void anything, however we do understand owning, operating, and maintaining a mech would be extremely expensive. It's likely it will not be repaired, much less see combat.

20. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

This. So much this. Just because I'm IC the leader (Well technically second in command, but the current leader is away due to IRL reasons) doesn't mean I make all of the discussions alone. IC? Maybe. OOC? Hoo boy do we have big discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.