1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipi

skipi New Member

I can't say much about how the RA was in the past, but from what I've been told, it's devolved into a total cesspit for imagination and RP.

There is a very clear "Win" mentality in their heads, absolutely shutting down any and all conflict through metagame, powergaming, and asspulled resources. Naturally, it's very difficult to call them out on metagaming, because of how easy it is to come up with an excuse or explanation after the fact. Their powergaming and asspulling on the other hand are so thinly-veiled that there has never been an incident where I didn't have a reason to call them out on it. My refusal to give up an argument when it's unresolved has resulted in this, however.
    [​IMG]
    I've since submitted a private report and been told by a moderator that this will not hold up.

When approached about concerns, CouchPotato360 (Joshua) refused to respond to criticism and removed Geeknerd1337 from steam friends.
    [​IMG]
    If you ask me, this is very telling about the nature of the group's leadership. Furthermore, CouchPotato360 tried to claim that the Armada isn't wealthy, despite all of the magic technology, power armour, and building materials that seem to come from absolutely nowhere.

#1 skipi, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  2. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

This was a problem with the argument of Felith's Robocop Body.

Just because some shit happened in the past and was allowed to happen doesn't mean that people should be able get away with it now just because 'that's what's fair', yo.

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Old habits die hard.

4. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

They're honestly pretty out of control. I should go into more depth, but I've already gone into so much depth about what I dislike about the organization in other threads that I'm getting kind of tired of it.

I don't know how this would be dealt with, but it should be.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Personally, I've never interacted with the RA much. However, I have interacted with the people and their characters. Frankly, they all have a "win" mentality that I've seen multiple times. They pop resources out of nowhere and often complain whenever something doesn't go their way.

I played an Outcast, when they put the OOC ban on them I was a bit perturbed. It was the worst case of consent abuse and avoiding conflict that I've ever seen. They openly try and weezle their way through not getting into combat that might actually cause harm to them. Yet, they are a military faction with all these resources.

6. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

If we're all honest here this isn't even a 'Concerns with the RA' thread so much as 'Concerns with the USCM.' It's the same group of people doing the same things that pissed people off and caused not only Marathon, but also Union to die. It's going to cause Opportunity to die as well as they are clearly unwilling to change despite numerous members of the community voicing their complaints on many different occasions. If they change, that'd be great. Does it look like they're going to? Not in the slightest. It's a shame but we all know who the 'play to win' folk are, and we all know how un-fun it is to rp with them.​

7. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I've said this time and time again.
    The only difference is that they've sucked in some of the RA guys still hanging about. There's a reason I joined The RA, not the USCM, on Galen.

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Agreed

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Nothing new in th horizon. Voiding actions was and it continues to be one of some of ex-USAF promary tools, but I have to say that more than group's leadership, it's a personal problem of Couch. He did the same (erasing from steam) to me without warning, and I wasn't able to be called snitch and vengeful person.

The fun part, I though it was something with USAF, but no, it was only him (I talked of this with one specific player, which I will appreciate a lot if it can confirm this part.). I don't know who's the group's leadership nowadays, but honestly, I believe it's time someone steps down because it's the main source. If you aren't willing to deal with trouble being a leader, my question is -why- do you even are a leader? Those have responsabilities which must be taken care of.

The 'win' mentality. Again, nothing new and unsurprised of it. i'll only say that they do have vocabulary, know about ammo types and such... but they forgot the basics. Policing properly and dealing with badasses is part of the job.

Overall, I'm sorry for the old RA. but this situation doesn't surprise me at all, and some people had it coming. Personally, I left after feeling dissappointed when I was told it would be a 'civilian' faction, I tried, but I saw this coming two months ago. When you see 95% members being military, it doesn't take rocket science to see where it's going to end. In fact, instead RA, it just seemed mostly USAF when I left (not IC really, but it gave the impression OOCly. And that scared me).

I still remember when they moved to Opportunity. It was very, very lame seeing how players rebuilt it more to their tastes OOCly. Don't even remember which ones, but it happened. From what I heard, they may have power armor. In case it is true, I though that was one of the things USAF -wanted- to get rid of. If not, just a rumour.

And finally, how they obtained a mech, amog some other stuff (even if it doesn't work). Truly hilarious to read.

When the same group of players, wherever they go, whichever faction they are in, have issues with different groups of people, it may be time to think what's really happening.

#9 Keycross, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  10. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

To be clear. The outcasts themselves have not been banned. In fact, no one has been banned. I suggest you fully read that conversation again.
    And I do intend to change things. A lot. I personally have disagreed with what we've been able to make/maintain. ​

11. Atom

Atom New Member

I have witnessed heavy use of the consent shield when dealing with members of the RA. It seems to me they run a military faction while hiding from all conflicts that they themselves have not started. I just avoid the colony since last time I was there a guard Meta'ed his way over to me and kicked me out with little reason.

12. GuardianPotato

As for this. We're fully open for civs to join. Just the civlian leadrship side is lacking.. A lot.. And as for the emch, its not even in working order right now. And may not be for awhile. Lets seee. Win mentality. I myself am gonna do my best to change that. As for dealing with people properly. We have been. There's been two bombings, and multiple fights, in the past few days.

And none of it was planned. Feel free to voice any more comments or concerns related to the RA, I'm all ears.

13. GuardianPotato

I would love to know who this is. Please.

14. Sen

Sen Guest

here we go

15. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

what can I say :c time zone is a bitch.

16. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

Excuse me for being Mr. Pessimist here but uh.... The fact that the 'Super Stronk Cybernetic Bird' is saying how he's going to fix the play to win faction, after just having a whole thread devoted to how his character is OP and he has major powergaming tendencies, doesn't inspire much faith in me.​

17. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Honestly, I think the RA should be disbanded. It seems to have infinite resources without the "unplanned events" having any actual long term effect on the colony or faction. It's pretty shady if you ask me.

18. GuardianPotato

That was talked over already. And did I admit I was wrong? Yes. If you'll look it over again, it was told several times he's anything but OP.

And as for the power armor! It does indeed exist. Exactly about 3 suits. That we never use. Because they'd be too expensive to repair.
    And this would be up to the mod team itself.

19. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

Hello Kettle, names Pot

20. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

You admit to problems in your RP all the time. You've been doing that since SBRP's early years. That hasn't really stopped you from your superbird RP.

I can't trust you to fix this either. I think mods should be involved at this point; the RA needs to be pointed in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.