1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Edit Player Description: How am do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toadkid1234, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I'm trying to change my player description, and I cant find any software that works or accepts my .player files (which are new, made in the past 2 months). SBSE doesn't allow me to change the description, all I can do is look at it. Send help. Thx bib.

2. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Starcheat my friend.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Last I checked (today) Starcheat isn't available for download anymore. Unless there's some secret way of doing it, or something that involves some coding or whatever.

4. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, you can always use Starreader if you need to change your player description, or if you prefer to use Starcheat, you can have someone send you a link over a PM, or build it from the source. https://github.com/wizzomafizzo/starcheat

5. mexicanclownbaby

mexicanclownbaby New Member

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Starreader:
    Oops! Something was wrong with that file. Could be an old version, could be corrupt, could be a gif?
    Uh no it should be fine actually, thanks for asking.
    Again, my player files are new, and all items are vanilla compatible. Would custom weapons do anything? Also, do the files have to be inside the Starbound/player folder to work?

7. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Well, if none of the above suggestions work, you can always open up your player file directly and change it from there, but that's not recommended if you're not absolutely certain you know what you're doing as you could end up corrupting the file if you make a mistake.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

How would one do that? By the way, thanks for helping a noob.

9. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Pfft, yer not a noob, the rest of us just have the use of something like Starcheat! Dunno why Starreader would be unable to read your character file, may be that it's been updated for nightlies and has left the rest of us behind. Anyway, if you plan on opening your character file and editing it manually, first I would recommend using a text editor like NotePad++. Then locate your player file in your Starbound directory, and open it with whatever text editor you've chosen to use. Next, search for the term "description" starting from the bottom, it should be the first result you get. To the right of that is your character description, edit that to whatever you would like it to be, and there you go!

10. Phoenix

Phoenix the one and only

Meh, Starreader doesn't work for me.