1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Request - Some News Thingy

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Toadkid1234, Oct 26, 2014.

?

Should a sector-wide news system be implemented?

1. Yea

79.3%
  2. Nay

10.3%
  3. Jim Harrison

41.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I believe it would be a good idea to have some sort of Sectorwide news system. This has been tried on a small scale in the past, and I have really enjoyed it while it lasted. If we could get a long-term sort of StarNewsNow sort of thing going that was forum-based, did interviews, had agents and contacts and crap that news corporations would have that would be sick. It makes sense that there would be one, considering the political drama and exciting stuff that happens, and it would be a good way for people who arent online that much to keep on top of things.

I dont want to do this, as none of my characters would fit the job but if someone was like bored or feels like this would be a cool thing for them to do, that would be most excellent. Please vote yea or nay, and comment if you would be willing to participate or lead such an endeavor.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

If someone wanted to make it, they would have made it.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Nice aphorism, have a cookie. Again, don't comment unless you would be willing to participate in or lead this. Thank you kindly.

4. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

I actually REALLY wanted to do this! I wanted to make a sort of news anchor style thing that covered the biggest news in Antares as well as occasionally made references to stupid shit reporters and anchors get caught doing.

5. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

I have a reporter character I'm developing, so I'd be interested.

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'm interested, and I've got a character or two I might be able to repurpose for it.

7. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

I've been dying to get Four-Cat to actually be able to have several stories to talk about and stuff, and he'd be more than willing to co-host a show or go to other reporters, etc., for their takes on reports. He hosted the Four-Cat show briefly but I wasn't getting enough new stories from the StarNet to keep it interesting

8. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

I think Four-Cat's main problem was coverage. One guy couldn't be on every colony, and most of the good stuff often happens when nobody expects it to.
    Which is a pity, I liked the Four-Cat show :(
    I'd be more than happy to turn Bruce into a space-reporter if needed, this sounds like a fantastic idea!

9. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

Well Four-Cat's show was based entirely off him witnessing things, people coming to him with stories, and StarNet. Thing is, he was inside broadcasting most of the time, and no one came to him with stories, so it was all what I could dig off the forums. If I had people to help out, I think it would be much more succesful

10. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

For every one person that has said no to the poll, five people have voted Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison for president of the world 2414

11. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

We had space-reporters back in the days of the Mills. Had a camera crew and boom guy too. Miss those days.

12. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

The people have begged and pleaded and I have heard their calls. Nerds keep yer radios on and yer ears open and look forward to regular installments of Outcast Radio Hour, we'll have unbiased news, jokes, open call lines, anarchy, and classic rock. All headed by one Danny 'The Fuckin' Manny' Saint Ives. *Wink* Stay tuned nerds.​

13. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Tried this with a news station earlier on. Yung radio was more important to the community at the time, so...........
    bollacks

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Well, the demand is clear and the supply is here! Now y'all just gotta organize yourselves and such. Maybe there could be rival news corporations, with different sociopolitical preferences and such. Or not. Just an idea.

I recommend you follow this list:
    • Plan it out OOCly
    • One of you 'start it up', be like the CEO or whatever
    • Recruit ppl
    • Find newsy things to news
    • Win

15. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

i still find it hilarious you were so worked up about it

16. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

It was just so weird! Almost like when people watch Jersey shore or toddlers with tiaras... like "DAMN.... WHY PEOPLE WHY YOU DO DIS?!"

*Edit* And a little bit of sugar, spice, everything nice... and a bath tub load of envy mixed with jealous! Yay!