1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Community- Interest Check

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CaptainBritton02, Oct 24, 2014.

?

Y or N?

1. Yes.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Needs more work.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

For those of you that have read "The Giver", you know this. For those of you that haven't read it, I seriously recommend it. Let me start with, A: This will be basically a Miniknog controlled self-dependent community. B: This will need a quite a few people to help build it/work in it. Also, it might have a hint of Fallout Vaults in it.

BACKSTORY: The Miniknog remains have decided to start colonizing Antares, and so have drawn up plans for a independent facility called, "The City". With its generic name and a selection of a resource-rich planet, it will provide great income for the remains of the Miniknog in the home quadrant.

REQUIREMENTS: Correctional Officers, Various Workers of many Professions, People who actually want to invest characters into this, a Head of Defense, a Research Director, and a Diplomatic Director. Working here will be, Loyal Apex, Communism-Welcoming Humans and Hylotl, Reprogrammed Glitch, Brainwashed Florans and Novakids.

HOW THE HELL WE GET ALL THIS STUFF TO MAKE THIS: If anyone could help me with ideas on how we get funding and materials, I'll edit the post later, but for now, it's from the 6 original transports brought for the colony, AKA the stuff to build and furnish the original colony, supplies will be gathered through scavenging, forced labor, or trade/purchases.

HOW CIVILIAN STUFF WORKS: Your character is allowed to go anywhere they want any time they want, but they must always keep their chip and jumpsuit on under their normal clothes, and any oppressive clothing will be interrogated by the guards/Correctional Officers. All civilians are to leave all weapons bigger than a 9mm pistol, a Small Battery packed Plasma Pistol, or shortsword in lockers before entering. Pulling a weapon on a guard is punishable by Deportation or Releasing(Execution). The choice between those is you, the player's choice, whether you want your character to die or be banished form the place. All petty crimes such as pickpocketing are punishable by an OOC hour of Solitary Confinement, all Medium Crimes, such as assault, theft, or vandalism are punishable by multiple OOC days of Solitary Confinement, Forced Labor, or Deportation on severity. Crimes such as possession of drugs without a Liscense, or any kind of murder, attempted murder, or severe forms of medium crimes are subject to deportation, Releasing, or 2 weeks Solitary Confinement. Oppression of the Glorious Leader or the Overseer results in immeadiate confiscation of items, solitary confinement, and pending treatments(Brainwashing).

Please post ideas, thoughts, and constructive critiscism below. Also please post if you'd like to be a part of this, and I will contact you through private message or through steam if need be. Seeing as I need quite a few people considering I just thought this up. Hope to see lots of constructive critiscism, and I hope this works!

EDIT: This will be built after the full SB update, unless the update does not come in the next 2 months. This is the planning stage for this.

#1 CaptainBritton02, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Snitch

Snitch New Member

Welp, I'd be up for this

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I don't think I'd get into it.

4. Dekerrex

Dekerrex New Member

Worth a shot. It's quite an interesting idea.

((I could also lend my building services if needed))

5. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Miniknog stuff always gets a lot of initial interest, but nothing ever comes of it. It's an interesting concept, yeah, but it's hard to get people to follow through.

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

It's more of the dedication of the members and whether things organize fast enough.

7. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

I've wanted MiniKnog to be a thing since I've joined this server! The only reason I haven't pitched in as far as creating a MiniKnog character is because my only real character is such an Anti-MiniKnog apex. I am VERY for this, however and will help it start up any way I can.

8. DavidHeinrich

DavidHeinrich Space Corps Judge

The large problems I see with this are barrier of entry and continuation of roleplay; essentially, it seems as though it would be difficult(Though not impossible by any means)to come into the community with a new character and be 'just passing through', so to speak. It also seems as though you'd find quite a few more people interested in being security forces and the oppressors in the situation, so to speak, as opposed to the oppressed who are trampled under their foot. For continuation of roleplay, it seems like a community that would be very insular by nature, and so would require that people devote a majority of their time to pushing the community forward, as it'd be difficult for the city to perform meaningful and long-lasting interaction with other societies outside of trade deals. This, combined with the thought that many may not find it interesting to simply be trampled much of the time by an oppressive government, may make this a hard idea to sell to the sufficient number of people it would require to keep it going.
    It's not a bad idea by any means, I feel; just one that requires a large number of people to devote a large amount of their time to a role I fear the majority of roleplayers may not find terribly attractive.