1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Lookin' for Mercs!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by LaserLlamas, Oct 17, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Greetings to anyone who may be reading this! I have a /small/ problem on my hands. In the process of constructing my Spire, I've run into a problem with the natives of this planet; a few Floran and a bunch of crazy bird people with guns!

Where do you come in? Well, I don't have the firepower to take care of these lot on my own, so I need your help! How much is it worth to you though? Well, I'm offering about 10,000 a person due to the fact I have no fucking idea how many birds and plants. I'm hiring at least a maximum of ten people, otherwise I'm going to be broke for future projects!

If this picks up your interest, I'll need you to just contact me via starnet, or leave a reply here if you're lazy. Toodles!

- The Rising Sun

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

The "Crazy Bird People with Guns" are followers of Kluex. They're merely protecting either a sacred burial ground or a temple. They were there first, not you. You should probably leave the planet and build elsewhere.
    - SC@V3NG3R
    (( Dirt-Feet ))

3. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Oh hell yeah! I can take pot-shots at a bunch of crazy florans, give me a set of cords and a date and I will make my way to you.
    -Ferno-

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Voice to text! ))

Can go at any time. Contact with time, date, place. Thank ahead of time.

-Shakhter​

5. LaserLlamas

Ah. Well eh. Sucks to be 'em. Went looking around and they just decided "Hey let's shoot at this nut!" Nearly took my head off! Horrible neighbors!
    As soon as possible would be lovely, preferably the next galactic evening on 10/18 at around ehhhhh... 6 PM GT (6 PM EST)! As far as cords go, transportation will be provided, so don't worry about that bit!
    Refer to previous! You're welcomed along!

6. Doctor Frohman

The warnings should be obvious not to venture into their sacred grounds.
    Even some Avian's aren't allowed to go there.
    Please don't kill these priest/priestess's for doing their jobs.
    - SC@V3NG3R

7. LaserLlamas

Sorry pal, last I checked over zealous religious nut jobs are good for nothing. You're probably not Human, but our ancestors had this thing called the "Crusades" where they went on a big killing spree in the name of their God. I mean I loved the thought of it, but at the same time, they were pretty stupid for blindly following some guy who doesn't even exist.

- The Rising Sun

8. Doctor Frohman

This is different. You are the one invading their home. They defended their sacred grounds from a human, simple.
    If you're going to kill these priests for defense of their own property, that's flat out trespassing and murder.
    - SC@V3NG3R

9. LaserLlamas

Hey pardon me for trying the peaceful approach of asking them to leave. There's literally millions of these things scattered around the stars, nuthin' stopping them from going to a different one. And what makes the ground so holy? Perhaps the Floran there are remnants of Floran they've slaughtered. Need to think more. So what if I'm treading on their ground? I'm saving some other guy's balls from getting murdered by these zealots.

- The Rising Sun

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

//: reply from mobile via [email protected] ://

Can't turn down money. I'll bring my guys that feel like taggin along. We'll transport ourselves.
    Get us the coords within 10 minutes of the job.

11. LaserLlamas

I like your style, pal! Welcome!
    Pals eh? Don't think we'll have enough room for anymore, got about... ehhh lemme count... 'bout 9 or so if we count you. If that's fine then by all means you're welcomed. You uh, you'll be being transported by me though. The cords are mine heh.

- The Rising Sun

12. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

Shit, did I miss it? Been lookin' for some good merc work since I came to this sector...

--OneClickHeadshot

13. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

// reply from MAJYYK SCOTTISH DEVICE via: [email protected] //

are you fucking kidding me?

so what if these bird-guys want to do their shit? you're an asshole for treading on sacred bird-guy land, and so are the idiot mercs that decided to help you

you're literally worse than Mel Gibson

14. LaserLlamas

So uh. I should have just sit, stayed, and let them shoot me in the noggin' when I first met them because I didn't know it was their land? Pal. You need to do some thinkin'. Who in the hell would want neighbors who just shoot ya when you come knocking on their door with a big 'ol smile on their face?

I can't borrow no sugar from those asshats!

- The Rising Sun

15. LaserLlamas

Naw man, you got... eh... 6 galactic hours until it actually happens. If you're still interested you're welcome along.

- The Rising Sun

16. Doctor Frohman

You ever been to Antares?
    1/4 people are murderers, here. Of course they'd shoot at some random ass-hat with weapons that are on their sacred ground.
    - SC@V3NG3R

17. LaserLlamas

Weapons? Bah all I had was my halberd! Sure let's have the guy with no body armor run at a buncha birds with weird guns with only a halberd.

Also eh, I'm aware of these 1/4. You'll be thanking me later. Just trust me on this.

- The Rising Sun

18. Doctor Frohman

You do know that happens, right? People do run into battle with halberds and the clothes on their back.
    Don't shed the blood of people trying to defend their territory. It's like going into a bear's den, then shooting the bear when it tries to attack you.
    - SC@V3NG3R

19. LaserLlamas

I gotta say, defending the zealot bird people for wanting to murder me is cute 'n all, but you're just stupid. What good are they when another guy like me comes along, nice guy, harmless, wouldn't hurt a fly, so much as puts his little toe on their land and he's suddenly ripped to shreds by their guns? Hmmmm? Can you answer that question Einstein?

- The Rising Sun

20. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Sacred land. SACRED land. They shoot even the smallest fly for going to that territory. I suggest you pack up and leave that area along with your conquistador friends.

-Jackson Britton