1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Raids, Crime, and Self Defense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JimHarrison, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipi

skipi New Member

i am not sure i understand the purpose of this post, but here
    the outcasts are going to attack a colony when they feel like
    the only exceptions are when it is something that /must/ be planned, when there are either too many guards around, or too little guards around
    i want attacks to be fair
    so i will never bring in all of the outcasts at once when there are only three guards online, and i will never bring in three outcasts when all of the guards are online
    the only advantage that the outcasts have over other factions is strategy, whereas every other faction seems to know only one strategy, which is throwing people at us until we die or run away

i very rarely expect anyone on the opposing side to die or even take major losses during an outcast attack, so the argument of permanent vs non-permanent characters being unfair is rather weak

#81 skipi, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

Thanks for validating that. I think that's where a lot of the conflict is coming from, the colonies being afraid to lose from the people not actually looking to take anything. I've some anecdotal cases where my interactions with the Outcasts had been an absolute blast, and a total shitfest.

I think that the Outcasts should be given the freedom of engagement that you're suggesting, provided that you stay within your own guidelines. As much as other people want to do good and be safe, upstanding members of society, you guys are adding an element that wasn't a part of the environment - danger. People fear change, and some of them simply don't want to have to deal with the implications of your faction. Doesn't make them right, but thinking about it like that can help improve relations in the future.

Summary: IC I say the Outcasts are a good part of the server. OOC I think that mistakes have been made, and it could be handled better. Instead of bitching about what happened, recognise that thinking of eachother as douches is silly. Don't make a problem when there isn't one.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

The issue I see is that both the Outcasts, and other factions, have no assets to fight over except their existence / homeworld.

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Indeed. Where is the driving motivation beyond just wanton destruction?

If anything, all the outcasts will manage at this rate is getting the rest of the universe to hate them, like the USCM.

5. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

But I thought this was the point :c

6. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

On those grounds... maybe a couple of us snazzy builders could build up some basic vantage points on random planets. Lumber yards, mines, refineries, factories. Etc.

And then peepa can go all battle royale

#86 Aiko Ikari, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

If your goal is to end up despised and be rejected from RP by everyone else, sure.

If your goal is to be a respected antagonist faction that people enjoy the RP of, because they provide enjoyable well RPed conflict, no, that's not the current direction it is going.

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I would like to add, "enjoyable" doesn't always mean good. There are a lot of people here that automatically categorize "I won" as well rp'ed conflict, and "I lost" as poorly rp'ed conflict.

Some people call any RP that doesn't end with them sitting a top a gold throne surrounded by cup bearers and love-struck slaves bad RP.

In every possible scenario, these types of people are the ones at fault.

9. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I have more respect for the people who know their limits and will willingly lose in RP if it doesnt go there way, and dont complain.

10. skipi

skipi New Member

the difference between the outcasts and the uscm is that the uscm was a collection of objectively bad roleplayers, among other things
    i feel that the only reason the outcasts have any kind of a negative reputation ooc is their goal of spreading chaos ic

there is certainly a problem on the server where many people seem incapable of separating themselves from their characters, and that kind of behavior is very harmful, especially toward people playing antagonists

#90 skipi, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

objectively bad RPers.

That is opinion, thoughts on someone or their style is never objective, if you think that, you a truly beyond delusional.

12. skipi

skipi New Member

are you trying to teach me the definition of objective or justify their rp

13. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

He wouldnt have to justify the RP because its an opinion on your part. There are those who would agree, and those who would disagree, as with every opinion. Have as many as you want. Using objectively would be the wrong word for that however.

14. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I merely taught you the difference between objective and subjective.

It is impossible to judge quality objectively, as quality is comparative and therefore always subjective.

And I would not waste my energy trying to justify anything to you as you are a person who would never concede in their beliefs, no matter how misguided they might be.

15. skipi

skipi New Member

[​IMG]
    believe it or not, i have asked for feedback before
    there is a reason i refused to go to the forums for it, though
    this thread has turned out to be nothing but a place for players to show their unwarranted disdain for the outcasts
    perhaps some people do have genuine concerns, but very few were worded in a way that managed to move me whatsoever

if anyone is willing to carry on a mature conversation without pulling the "ugh you just dont want to be wrong" card, i encourage you to stay
    otherwise piss off, you are doing nothing but attacking the group and those within it under the thinly-veiled guise of criticism

16. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

lol
    /4char

[For the record, between the two of us, which one put words in the other's mouth. ;)]

17. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

In fact - the colony that's been doing the best to deal with the Outcasts (Taranis) has been using their Taranic Guards very well and are in fact still allowed by the NPC rules.

18. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

(Can this not start into a polite flame war plz thx bai)

19. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

this aint a damn flame war i'm the op u fkn kid

Nah but for real that wasn't passive aggressive, just like. Sayin'.
    Y'dig?

20. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

(That was totally to Skipi/Mal. Ur ok.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.