1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Things Have Been Rather Slow Lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianPotato, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Well then I apologize, I never intended to come off as so, I just have very poor wording at times.

That's where the "fuck you" portion comes in.
    Okay.
    I still need my radio back, bish.

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

ahem.

i talked to gramps. i explained that there is no "fuck you" here.
    he has a distasteful roleplay style and that is it.

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Okay, call me naive, but what is lesbian blackface?

4. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I've been debating in here for the last day, if it makes you feel any better your guess is better than mine.

On a serious note, if we're following the argument of guys not being able to play girl characters, mesbians, or whatever this argument is now, does this mean guys can't be transgenders in real life/in game?

There's uh, also a reason in most arguments that can be sensitive you keep people's names anonymous. Especially when it's out dated to bring them back up when they changed. (Entirely speaking for Gramps here) The lad can't argue/debate that well, which we've seen in the past, and he's probably stopped before it makes things worse. Talking to him a bit out of here, he doesn't really want any hard feelings and it seems pretty sorry for making things worse and such. But uh. Let's not bash on people alrighty? (And yes that includes Sen and Skipi. Be professional people)

5. Sen

Sen Guest

Blackface: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
    So a lesbian blackface would be someone who is not a lesbian (or a woman) playing a highly stereotyped lesbian.

Which is usually the problem with RP communities, especially with races that should be chaotic evil. It's absolutely stupifying how many mansbian drow / florans I've seen with the exact same garbage shallow RP.

6. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

i think u missed the point entirely
    theyre not saying guys cant play girl chars
    theyre saying guys shouldnt play objectified girl chars (ie horrible sterotypical fetish inserts)

7. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Ah. Well yeah I agree with that. Personally I haven't really seen that lately but I haven't been on as much. By this point I really don't understand what's going on other than Felix just doesn't want stereotypical lesbians. I'm just saying keep people anonymous especially when your facts are out dated.

8. Felix

Felix New Member

Stop the passive-aggressive attempts at getting the discussion shut down, Guardian. You look like a typical beta. You need to get over it. It's on topic and I don't care if I opened a line of discussion in a thread that was a month or so old. Gramps hasn't changed. That's the bottom line. They still role-play the same gross stereotypes that we've all seen displayed across the internet.

You weren't the one that he messaged propositioning for sexual torture ERP. Get over yourself and the fact you haven't experienced it from the female perspective. Why don't we talk about your invested interest in this subject because of how fun it is for you to strap down my gender and sexually torture them because "you like it?" Get out. There's no excuse.

I'm not sure what you aren't getting about this.
    Just because I'm not dressing up my words in pretty bows & "tolerating" these rolled out lesbian stereotypes does not mean I don't have a point. The same can be said for others in this thread -- just because we aren't "nice" doesn't mean we don't have a point.

LaserLlamas: When about five people have stated there is a problem, you need to back down and acknowledge that maybe, just MAYBE there is a problem and your bias is preventing you from viewing it objectively. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it isn't true.

Sit there and chew that over awhile. When at least five people, a good majority unrelated or not knowing each other confirm something is happening -- hey, maybe its happening.

What a magical thing logic is.

9. Felix

Felix New Member

You'll miss out on the juicy denial of Gramps' antics after they have in recent months posted gorey violence descriptives to the forum, ran slave RP, and yet it's somehow plausible it's still not happening and they still aren't being gross. You'll miss out on the "it's fun to have rape in my female's backstory and I want to continually have her be raped" characters. The sad thing is, I learned about all this right in the public venue. I didn't have to lift a finger.

So, do you still want to deny that there's a problem (not just with Gramps) when a hand full of people have stated otherwise?

#189 Felix, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  10. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

A: Gramps does not do this anymore.
    B: Honestly, I give 0 fucks about this thread.
    C: I have not seen any signs of ERP for minimum 5 months.
    D: I'm not gonna unfollow this thread, but my point still stands, I find it funny, as I know the facts that no one I know ERPs (atleast not on the server) or stereotypes anything, so,
    View attachment 2685
    EDIT: Infact, I see no problem. Attack me, hate on me, but refer to the image above.

Attached Files:

#190 CaptainBritton02, Nov 16, 2014
  11. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Hold up Hold up Hold the fucking phone. sexual torture RP? I dont do that. I've NEVER done that. I don't even know who the hell you played, I've asked several times and yet you continue to avoid and answering on who you played and what I ever did to you in rp. I'm insulted and baffled that you'd accuse me of sexual torture rp. I may ERP, but i always. ALWAYS. make sure the opposite party is comfortable with any ERP that we do.

Please show me which post/s that have offended you.
    Slave rp, yeah. I'll admit it. I had a slave rp as a FLORAN, because florans have slaves.

Rape in a females backstory? and have them continuously raped? who are we talking about here? which character?
    Also, if a male was raped and had rape in the backstory would that be considered fine for you? Because thats what its sounding like you're saying.

#191 Switchback, Nov 16, 2014
  12. Felix

Felix New Member

I play Kimah. I haven't avoided answering you. My character is actually listed in my profile. You're fabricating another lie that can be easily disputed by someone going back and simply reading the thread. You are incredibly bad at lying. The information is freely available to you.

13. Switchback

Kimah. right. Kimah. Who? I say this because I've never interacted with any Kimah in the past 6 months. You can continue to claim that I approached you looking to strap your character down and forcefully rape them and get off on it but no. I know who and what I do in my rp. Its certainly not that.

14. Felix

Felix New Member

And no, rape really shouldn't be on-going nor in a backstory, especially on Antares. Neither for male nor female. I'm not entirely understanding why you keep pulling out the "but it'd be fine for a male wouldn't it?" angle. You've done it, what, twice now? It's weak and holds no weight; you already know the answer.

That particular snippet was directed at someone else and they know who they are by virtue of reading post placement.

15. Animator

Animator New Member

16. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

It uh. Wasn't passive aggressive. At all. I was trying to throw a little humor into this.. *Motions to everything he SKIPPED OVER*

17. Switchback

Well of course its obviously not fine, rape is a thing that exists IRL and its extremely terrible, but its a thing that happens.
    as for rape in a character's backstory of which character you still have not named, its character development, sure its not a nice topic but it could show why the character is a shut in and afraid of going out and talking to people.

I continue to bring the 'but its fine for a male right?' thing mainly because you only seem to throw out things that 'only' happen to women, when in fact they also happen to men.

18. Felix

Felix New Member

I do appreciate the moderators allowing it to stay open at this point, even if it just involves me pathetically beating up little boys for words over a pixel game.

To step out of the mire of round-and-round, have the staff detailed out a game plan or will they present one to the forum at some point? I am curious because it would be nice to try to RP again. It's a nice setting and I enjoyed pimping out my ship.

19. Switchback

I'd like to point out that YOU'RE the one getting your knickers in a bunch over words and actions in a fictional pixel game.

20. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I uh. Have to agree with this one.

Why make an argument over it -if you're not even on the server anymore?-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.