1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Things Have Been Rather Slow Lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianPotato, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipi

skipi New Member

intelligent to most people
    it is just you

2. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Nah

3. skipi

skipi New Member

yea

4. Felix

Felix New Member

I'm not sure if you noticed it, but Avis asked me politely to list who made my experience rather distasteful. So you don't feel singled out, the moderator Aiko also consistently plays incredibly creepy lesbians across the board. They, too, are obviously the same products of objectification.

I'm glad I got a response, at least. That's a very good thing.

i was on a forum and a girl posted!!!

she told me i shouldn't role-play with hyper-realistic feminism and i started making farting noises

- Gramps creepypasta

5. Switchback

Yes because anyone playing a lesbian character is automatically labeled as creepy and are obviously objectifying women in every aspect for their own perverse desires and see women as a tool.

6. skipi

skipi New Member

they are clearly not playing lesbians for the sake of character development

7. Switchback

so sexual orientation cannot be in the character? thats pretty restrictive if you ask me. Would you say the same if i played a gay male? or is straight the only thing you see?

Cute

8. Sen

Sen Guest

fetishization of sexual orientation is disgusting and should be left to ERP servers exclusively, which this server is not

9. Switchback

Who said anyone had a fetish of any sexual orientation? its a sexual orientation, nothing more. apparently playing as a gay female or male is hated by the community so its so much better to play a straight person or an Asexual person. yes limit our options on character creation sen!

10. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

...Well... Let me put it this way. The reason why nobody plays in Sen's timezone, is because he plays in his timezone.
    So am I not allowed to play a female character with ASPD(Anti-Social-Personality-Disorder)? I do believe that generally, people with ASPD (along with the complete lack of empathy/sympathy, and any major emotion) have much lower sexual boundaries, and won't hesitate to have sex with someone because they want to have sex (but don't quote me on this, I'm not 100% sure I'm getting this exactly). So am I suddenly disallowed to play to play a cold, heartless villain because she happens to have a very casual view on sex due to a disease?
    EDIT: That was more-so a response to you're disapproval to the "objectifying" of women than to that specific post.

11. Sen

Sen Guest

I have no problem with what people choose their, or their character's sexual identity to be.

I do have a problem with people who turn that sexual identity into a fetish; something you have done if the number of times you've been banned for ERP is any telling. I am not alone in this disgust.

I find it amusing, yet saddening, that roleplaying on Starbound, Neverwinter Nights and other communities has fostered in me (and others I know) an utter hatred of lesbians, but only when they occur in some form of literature.

12. Switchback

let me count how many times i've been banned for ERP

* looks at chalkboard *

ONCE

Just because you don't like something Sen it give you the right to stomp on people rp habits and what they do on there own personal time, when in fact aren't hurting anyone and are causing no pain, unless you count the butthurty-ness you and others are getting riled up about because ITS FUCKING FICTIONAL, ITS THE OWN PERSONS PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND YOU'RE ANGRY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET YOUR WAY.

so its only lesbians? not gay men?

13. Sen

Sen Guest

This thread is about why the server has been rather slow. I have elaborated one of these reasons, using my own personal feelings as a point of reference. If you do not like it, adapt or ignore. Don't demand everyone else to change to cater your preferences.

14. Switchback

When did I ever demand everyone to change to cater to my preferences, if anything thats what your trying to do here.

15. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Am I the only one who laughed there?

16. DavidHeinrich

DavidHeinrich Space Corps Judge

Stop. This is not what the thread is about. ERP and overt sexual roleplaying is disallowed on the server; if you do it, you will receive punishment. What you do outside of the server is not my business, but again, bringing it on to the server will not be accepted. The validity of the roleplay in subjective terms is debatable; its position on the server is not.

17. Felix

Felix New Member

What is actually being addressed is the lack of moderator intervention in terms of characters who are overly fetishized and obviously objectified females. There are even members of the staff who do this. There are several threads already over the course of months where this behavior has been pointed out by multiple people and yet there was no action taken. Then the staff proceeded to take on a staff member who does the same thing. At that point, I knew it was fruitless and a better option to move on.

18. Switchback

So if over objectifying female is your problem why not overly objectify us males and make a male character, make him a manwhore. would anyone care? probably not, mainly because this is a fictional universe. Would i go out and act as a female IRL? would i sleep with guys? smack someone on the ass because it was funny or because i thought they were sexy? No, because theres boundaries between real life and a fucking GAME. If you have a hard time looking between the two well then thats your problem because all I see so far is what the mods think is best and what is morally appropriate because its a GAME and the fact that its a GAME means its NOT REAL and should not be repeated IN REAL LIFE.

19. DavidHeinrich

DavidHeinrich Space Corps Judge

I must reiterate that it is not what I think is best, it is what is in the rules. That said, while this is a game, it is also a roleplay server; you are playing a role, here, and going over the arc of development for a character whom, ideally, should be representative of a personality. Overly fetishized characters seem meaningless on the server, because they can do nothing relative to it.

For you, Felix, I apologize for an experience you found negative, and I encourage you to attempt to play on the server again. I will be more than happy to deal with any breach in the official rules, if they are reported to me.

All that said, you were told to stop. Continuing on in this line of conversation will result in post deletion.

20. Felix

Felix New Member

I'm sorry. I'm not interested in playing on a server where instead of addressing the issue appropriately and maturely, the moderators panic and attempt damage control by threatening to delete my posts that contain legitimate criticism of the moderation team. There are far worse threads/posts on this forum than my abrasive, straight-to-the-point posts. This is not how you retain players. This is not how you handle this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.