1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What is your dream job?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anita D., Sep 2, 2014.

1. Anita D.

Anita D. New Member

What do you want to be if given the chance, assuming salary and so on aren't an issue?

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Theoretical Physics MIT.

3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I'd love to work in game design, not necessarily programming, because i'm lazy as heck, but i come up with really random, creative ideas every now and then, that would make for some interesting game mechanics/elements.

I also just love how games work, game mechanics etc and basic lore/world design.
    More specifically i'd love to one day work on an mmorpg that isn't just go kill 10 boars and where being a blacksmith that never leaves town is a valid option. With spore vehicle creator - like options as to how you can make your weapon and armour look when blacksmithing etc etc, with an in-depth, logical magic/skill system and experience stuff that makes sense. It's stupid that you need level 30 on your mage in order to be able to progress you smithing skill, why would a mage of level 30 be able to smith bether than a warrior of level 10? etc etc...

So TLDR game design, without the effort of programming :p but that's not realistic.

4. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

Ditto, but with programming. Love that stuff :<

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Astronautical/Propulsion engineer. Building freaking spaceships would be cool as a Bose-Einstein Condensate.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

i'm currently just in a really lazy dumb life phase, if i manage to get my life sorted out and learn to get off my ass and work, by actually learning how to programm, i can do that, it's basically my dream, but i'm just a lazy fool that accomplishes nothing... Azeliblehehlel's( sorry if i butchered the name) post depressed me because i have parents that support me financially (granted i don't waste much money) and are there for me, but i'm just a lazy good-for-nothing atm... Like i work a bit on the side, but i have to study to get a real job eventually... ((I recently turned 20))

Edit: hilariously enough i do stuff but most of the time but the stuff i do is based on my personal interests, like making those articles for the server, that takes quite some time and effort but it isn't really useful to me aside from contributing to the server. It doesn't progress me as a person, to become an independent responsible adult.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I recommend codeacademy.com , its a free introduction to loads of coding languages and stuff, its even fun! I know the lowlife phase, I've been through them plenty of times... Give it a shot, emerge out of your phase!

8. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

While game development would be cool, I have to go with voice acting. It's a way to make money with my mouth without having to juke the authorities.

It's "Azeliblehblehbleh", dweeb! That's my new best friend, get it right!
    But seriously, the way my dad raised me, I'm the kind of guy who realises that with hard work comes great rewards. It's a great ethic to cling on to. You'll leave the couch potato phase behind soon, I'm sure of it!
    [​IMG]

9. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Archaeologist :(

10. Alek

You mean...
    [​IMG]

11. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

That looks like fun, thanks :p

12. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Great Action Hero,
    Turrible Archaeologist :(

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I hope so, i'm not just your regular couch potato though, i'm an advanced couch potato. I can lie in bed all day with my laptop. Seriously, if i'd win the lottery or something i'm confident i wouldn't work a day of my life... So yeah.

14. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Pokemon trainer.

15. Alek

You win.

Well, you know what they say. "The best way to kill a plant is to strike it at the roots." <--- Totally didn't make that up
    Sell your bed.

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I'm desperately caught between three fields, and Archaeology is one. Along with the field of Ornithology and some kind of political track. But I love two things. Biology and Social Sciences. Animals and people. Both are interesting and entertaining to me. Right now, I'm aiming at the Biology side, Ornithology mostly. Maybe, if it interests me enough, cellular biology (I'll admit that studying things like immortal animals would be amazing.)

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Entrepreneur with various assets in various markets.
    Some programming on the side.

18. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Video Game programming. Currently learning JAVA and C++, so we'll see where that takes me

19. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

I'd love to be a history professor at a college. Or an archaeologist, but preferably a history professor. I'd like to specialize in teaching about the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, but I dunno.

20. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Bed tester candy tester video game tester etc

Edit:In actuality since I live in Alberta the Texas of Canada I would like to work at the oil sands doing what my friend does since some oil sands have dangerous and troublesome animals nearby he gets payed a buttload of money to shoot them with a snipe.