1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Average Prices of Ores and Minerals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vera, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Vera

Vera New Member

Hello everyone, I think it's time that we get a general pricing out on the field with ores and minerals. Maybe make an official post and sticky it somewhere so that people may see, maybe the General Market section. I bring it into open discussion to be able to talk it with the community, and hopefully come up with an average pricing on the listed ores other than -today's real life pricing- below:

(One Metric Ton is 2,200 pounds)

Coal: Depending on the quality; $40 to $400.00 per Lb
    Copper: $3 a pound
    Iron: $140 per metric ton
    Silver: $19 per ounze
    Gold: $1,280 per ounce
    Platinum: 1,424 USD per ounce
    Diamond: $3,250 per carat
    Titanium: $40 per pound
    Crystal: Quartz crystals range around four dollars per pound for fresh out of the mine rocks.
    Lead: $1 per pound
    Sulfur: According to the 2012 Chemical Economics Handbook report on sulfur, the prices for elemental sulfur can fluctuate between $50 and $800 per ton

Keep in mind, this is the future, and the ores and minerals are now more abundant. Some more so than others.

The reason why I do not add in the addition of Sector X ores is because the Dev's seem to have plans with the late game ore, and it sounds like that the late game ore may be all the same tier, but they have different qualities, so I suggest putting that on hold for now. For all I know this could be wrong.

Without further ado, I say we start from the top of the list, coal. (Totally didn't say copper, meant coal)

#1 Vera, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Vera

Vera New Member

Since coal is more abundant on the server and throughout the galaxy, and only really have one quality, I was thinking we could possibly stop somewhere between 50-150 per pound.. maybe less depending on what you guys think.

#2 Vera, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

It's even more helpful for making miner village ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can't wait for higher tier minerals, if there would be a chance

4. The Grand Mugwump

Now if only we knew how much these cost in pixels instead of dead Earth money....
    (also fixed the header for you)

5. Vera

Vera New Member

Well, I've actually been constantly told that 1 pixel is the same worth as 1 USD, but I could have been told completely wrong, unless this is something that was never discussed yet.