1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Tips on avoiding florans.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Iridium616, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*

Y'know, maybe we can try to calm down and not get all heated from this discussion, ok? I mean, just arguing won't solve anything...

2. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Which you apparently lack due to you tripping a Floran for absolutely no reason other than to get attention.

- Myoku

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

>>>User: AvosApothecary<<<
    >>>Start Public Message<<<

Please. It is hardly racism. You're a species, not a race. More importantly, you're a species that is violent, murderous and has collectively killed billions of people in your constant quest to hunt and expand. A species that uses trickery to constantly get the upper hand and then devour your prey. No one should trust your kind. I certainly wont after what you did to my people and the Hylotl. Definitely not after one of your kind kidnapped my wife.

>>>End Public Message<<<

4. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Floran iss not ssuprissed, when thiss is coming from racisst bird.

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

>>>User: AvosApothecary<<<
    >>>Start Public Message<<<

Alright then. Tell me. What do you do when someone insults you? What do you do when you're hungry? What do you eat on a regular basis?

If you can honestly answer that you have never eaten, killed or tortured a sapient being, I'll give you a chance. But I somehow doubt that is the case.
    I will associate with a Floran as quickly as I will associate with any other murderous creature.

>>>End Public Message<<<

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Shari-
    Fixed.

7. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

sso jusst becausse floran iss different and doessnt fit your elitisst view floran iss automatically a monsster?
    Nice thought processss you have there.

8. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Shari-
    OKAY, STOP.
    THIS IS A HOW TO AVOID FLORANS AND IT'S DANGERS TOPIC.
    This is not a rotten weeds Vs other persons thread. So stop derailing the topic please.

9. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Nice way to avoid the question.
    "I'm different!" No, you just ripped that mans arm off and ate it.
    - Sc@v3ng3r

10. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Posting "How to avoid Florans" in a public place was the best way to ask the question, where -everyone- can read it. How can you expect some people not to speak their mind when you show this type of childish behavior?

- Myoku

11. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Shari-
    But I do have a point. I'm forced to live with florans because every colony out there allows them, and they keep attempting to hurt me over and over. Excuse me but I'm tired of that just 'cause I'm a fish'.

12. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Best way to feel safe around Florans is to keep a flamethrower or other such incendiary device with you at all times. Best way to not get attacked? Don't antagonize them. Florans are notoriously quick to anger if you offend their pride, tribe, or beliefs.
    One of the best ways to get on their good side? Offer them a steak.
    ~Cateth-Vesrii

13. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Shari-
    That may work for you. But being a fish is an offence for many florans, or a reason to attack me. I cannot change that. And I can't wear a flamethrower with me. I don't have got the time or skill to use it, not to mention I'd get jailed for having such a thing.

I think at this point, you're just randomly hating me because of personal reasons. Yes I dislike florans. Yes I do not wish to stay near them. Yes I will not stay near one, no matter how much you pay me. Maybe it's not a big deal for you. So go get your homeworld destroyed by a group of savage murderers with swords and bows. And then being hunted by those savages for no other reason than 'being a fish'. -THEN- you come back here, and you complain about me overreacting.

Kindly f**k off.

14. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

If you honestly feel you need to be somewhere, and the possibility of Floran folk being there as well is high, then wear something besides traditional Hylotl armor, and avoid speaking to them. Put a hood on.

The best way to keep a situation from happening is to avoid it altogether. Wearing Hylotl armor and tripping a Floran at the same time was a very stupid idea. And honestly, I respect them for not Stabbing you in that instant. It is rare that you see a Floran with self control like that one had.

- Myoku

15. Aero

Aero New Member

Over the years and my experiences around them; the most important thing to do is to pick your words carefully. They will try to take anything and everything as a challenge, it's just... them. I don't judge them for it, either. And another thing, do NOT provoke them in any manner. Poking, prodding, touching or tripping in this case, do not do it.

However Florans are also naturally curious, I've come to notice in a lot. If they come up to you and begin poking and prodding, simply walk away. Though if they properly address themselves and alert you to their presence, give them a chance. If they ask you questions, try your best to give the most passive answers possible and politely decline any personal questions. Though if they start throwing out insults to get a rise from you; just walk away. And if they block you from getting away; ask them to move. If they decline verbally, call for the authorities. When they try to physically harm you; THAT is when you defend yourself.

And no; we cannot judge Florans for being the way there are. It's their culture. It's in their blood-- er, sap. But we CAN try our best to understand that and adjust our behavior accordingly to fit social inter-reactions between ourselves and them.

And on a personal note; feral Florans still creep me out a bit, and I'm working on that. But Florans that have assimilated into common culture should be treated as such, and we should be able to look past their exterior and see that those Florans are just as capable of being functional people in society as well. Now this would imply that I think the feral Florans are not capable of being functional in society. Though this isn't the case with all feral Florans; it is true for most others. Is that a cruel and hurtful thing to say? Yes, but is it true. I mean, feral Florans are feral, for crying out loud. When is the last time feral and society mixed well? But when we DO see one in society, we must try our best to be understanding and adjust ourselves accordingly in their presence. That is a lot to ask for. But if we ever want to have any hope of feral Florans catching on to the whole society thing and social norms and so on; we need to treat them as carefully and respectfully as possible. And no, we won't see instant results. Inevitably, there will be problems, conflict, and trouble with them. But as there will be with us all at one point.

TL;DR: Just read the first two paragraphs on advice on how to avoid them.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

16. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Actually, if you lather yourself up in a delicious sauce, Florans will think you're another Floran's food, and will leave you alone! Works like a charm, trust me.

-Orchid

17. Aero

Aero New Member

Here is an example where you would walk away. Thanks, Orchid.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

18. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Look, I really think we can all get along, but the problem is, whenever I offer people cookies at Floran grounds, they never show up....

19. Aero

Aero New Member

I also think we can get along. But it is recommended to meet on neutral ground; as people are still paranoid.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

20. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

I mean, if you think about it, Floran grounds are empty now due to all Florans going to New Chicago. So, it's technically waaay safer than NC.