1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

2. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

lmao

3. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

Time for my opinions! Lookout a couple paragraphs coming through!

I'm am all for cracking down on antagonizing and otherwise hostile behavior. The atmosphere in our community has left a bad taste in my mouth as of late. Some pretty big divides have been building up. Granted you aren't going to see eye to eye with everyone all the time, but this is a community. This is a place where we all come together to have fun. We all have a shared interest in RPing that has brought each of us here. Our tastes and skill levels may vary, and we all will mess up from time to time, but everyone should feel welcome here.

This is a game after all; it is purely an outlet for us to have fun, not something that should be taken so seriously. Of course we all want to play in a high quality environment too, it makes it all the more fun. We want quality RP and we want quality attitudes. There is no reason to sacrifice one for the other. Both aspects can be taught. It is simply a matter of leading by example and communicating effectively. For high quality RP we hold ourselves to high standards, think things through, and play intelligently. When we see poor RP we explain why it is poor. For high quality attitudes we respect one another and try too clear up any miscommunication. When we see poor attitudes we do not get defensive and work out problems with maturity.

This isn't even a competitive game but we all should show excellent sportsmanship. Breaking the rules of the game and being disrespectful are both forms of poor sportsmanship. A game with poor sports is less fun to play and less fun to watch. We all want this to be a fun experience so we should all do our best to personally hold ourselves to a high standard.

I hope that this change will open up the lines for better communication between mods and players. I don't want anyone to be punished, I'd much rather we all learn and improve. I hope that players will be receptive of the moderation team's feedback, because this isn't about holding grudges, warnings and temp bans are teaching tools to let the players understand the expectations of our community so that we all can enjoy it to it's fullest extent.

4. Olivia

Olivia New Member

every1 pls

[​IMG]

5. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Friendly reminder that this rule applies to everyone despite position of power or not. No one is free from the law.
    [​IMG]

6. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'm just going to sit back. When the time is right I'll provide a retort to this.

7. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Cryptic.

8. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Not worth it for the time being.

9. Rezima

Rezima New Member

We very specifically mentioned that THE STAFF would handle these situations and that you are not to take matters into your own hands, it is not your job to fix these issues, nor do we want you to attempt to fix them

And yet you are once again being very combative and passive aggressive with people on the forum, contributing very little to the conversation other than 'this is wrong and is going to fail'

10. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'm no moderator. But now would be a good time to take it up somewhere private with the person. Lest you have more jokers like me popping in being confrontational.

I wonder if there could be some kind of guide to being respectful on the server, not enforced, but as a preemptive measure so people can be referred to it when things seem passive aggressive.

*EDIT* And not just "If you don't like things, don't be a dick about it", but more like "If you have issues with people take them up with moderators"...... wait that's already been included..... er...

11. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Gonna do the double post, but while I admit to feeding the drama here, I also think people somehow enjoy it.

It's like that bad attention people crave when they're bored or are missing something.
    Listen to this while reading all these pages and it get's kind of.... absurd?

So people will continue doing things like this despite the rules, can only hope it doesn't get out of hand so much.

12. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

if you think that's passive aggressive I can only wonder what you think actual passive aggressive is

13. Rezima

Rezima New Member

There is no reason to make this a private conversation, this applies to everyone. The point of this announcement was to STOP behavior like this. Edvyn is actively trying to provoke an argument, he said so himself, his main goal was not to help Leschinsky or give him any advice, but to simply prove him wrong. There is nothing constructive about that, nothing beneficial to be gained from putting someone down, all it serves to do is humiliate and hurt them. If his only intention is to make people feel bad about what they have posted, to do nothing other than inform people of everything they have done wrong..then he has entirely missed the core idea behind this announcement,

We want nothing more from you as a community than for you all to act like decent human beings, to be kind and fair to your fellow man, because this..this is just disheartening, seeing people so filled with vitriol and bile, so convinced that things will never change, so sure that everyone around them is wrong, so set in their ways that they can't NOT be rude to their fellow players.

Can we not do something so simple as be civil?

14. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Rezima, this happens. I don't like it any more than you do. Especially in regards to the moderators too. I'm curious, is there a way we can give critique and advice about how the moderators behave with their job? If there's a way to keep things open and not too confrontational then maybe people would calm down and not freak out about all of this.

15. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I'm... not seeing how this thread was confrontational at all, until all the players jumped at eachothers throats. All the mods have been trying to do is damage control for the freaking out of a bunch of players, and the backlash against them from a bunch of other players. If your words have context to what you quoted... I'm having a hard time seeing it.

As for the things you actually said. "This happens" is the problem that they're trying to solve.

16. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'm waiting for a response from the moderator who posted in this chat, just a question, not much that open to interpretation.

17. Rezima

Rezima New Member

It is not your job to moderate the moderators, if you want to critique us, feel free to do so somewhere else on the forums or talk to us in private, but not HERE.

18. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

* simply sips coffee while watching this unfold*
    [​IMG]

19. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I have tried that. It's not working. I've already mentioned this to you in private. There's this simple thing you moderators can do. It's called ignoring people. I know you're ignoring me. I have evidence. But none of you listen to a single thing I've been trying to say, except make me out to be a problem person. If you want me to back up my claims, I will, but it probably won't do any good for your reputation at this point.

Until I can have a word with you, since you're the person who posted here and you're the person representing the moderators, I don't think this can go any other way.

It's not my job to moderate you guys. But it's a responsibility as someone in the community to make sure things don't go bad upstairs.
    I'm going to be away for a 30 minute period of time. I suggest you message me either on here or talk to me on skype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.