1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Well I just spent about an hour of my already short morning reading through eleven FRACKING pages of this, to me this rule is not anything bad, it was kind of already there to begin with in the common sense of "Talk shit get hit" The talking shit being overly 'bad' behaviour and the getting hit being getting a warning or a temporary ban. Seriously, it's almostly exactly what it has always been:
    -Don't be a dick.
    -If you're a dick there'll be consequences (I hope I spelled that correctly)
    -If someone else is being a dick don't try to fix it yourself, ask for help from the mods.

Also I think I have to say that I am not critisizing this it's just my view on it, (almostly) nothing has changed it's just a big announcement reminding us of it. I know I can be an annoying butthole sometimes, maybe a lot, but I tend to keep things within the rules so I guess I don't have to worry about this at all.

Not if you run windows 8 without the smart app hueh!

2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Just read this entire thing. All I gotta say is, glad mods are stepping up, and I don't see why people made such a big deal about this (well I have an idea). This was a simple PSA.

3. DaraC

DaraC New Member

4. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Shhhhhhh.

5. Roison

Roison New Member

I don’t think that I should judge a community in which I’m new, so I’m going to avoid all the accusations and just comment about the new rule: I think that it could work, no one wants a dick here as far as I know, but also everyone has a bad day and could be an asshole, or worse.

6. Sen

Sen Guest

I hope this does not evolve into a "don't judge my roleplay" policy that inconsiderate players exploit to the detriment of serious players.

7. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

I just read eleven pages of comments in the morning, and I think this rule is great.
    [​IMG]
    Yaaay.

8. Wreth

Wreth New Member

The biggest issue in this threat was the big scary orange text, and the use of the phrase ''Zero Tolerance''

Zero tolerance is simply an unhealthy way to run any authority.

9. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Colbert Nation Strong

10. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

Good Lord.
    I know it's the normal reaction; with any new major or minor policy changes, in any place with some kind of structure,
    some people rally 'round the flag because they "won",
    some sit on the sidelines shaking their heads, silently judging, confident they know better than anyone else,
    and others immediately assume the new rule was put in place to hurt them and only them, because they are the most important thing here, dammit.

Let me pick these apart, one by one; if you find yourself in any of these groups, this is not a personal stab of any sort. We're all human, including me.

1) "We won guys! We did it! Us! Us! Us!"
    No we didn't. We've accomplished nothing. A select few have issued a public message on less-lax policies regarding a large issue in the community. Tomorrow isn't sunflowers and rainbows. I'm in this camp as well, but, this isn't a fix; it's finally deciding where to place the first step to climb Olympus.

2.) "I can't believe these idiots; I'm not even gonna bother saying anything, they're so daft they'd never understand."
    No. You don't know better than anyone else here. I can say that with confidence because even the most misguided shit-poster realizes changes don't happen by sitting there, not even voicing your opinion.

3.) "They put this policy in to directly attack me, I KNOW it!"
    No they didn't. This isn't about you, or your friends. This policy is entirely about the community, and making it a better place for the majority. If your actions are hurting the community, reconsider your actions. If you are stalwart in your right to hurt this community, good bye.

I love this community, through the toughest of times it's pulled through and has stayed strong.
    People on both sides need to realize; what's happening now is not sustainable, for any considerable length of time.
    I hear from nearly all my Starbound contacts that even looking at the forums is a quick way to stress out, and others who have completely dropped interaction with anyone outside their ring.
    These are veterans who have alot of time, energy, and heart invested in Antares; newcomers and freshblood have alot fewer reasons to stick around when things get bad.

In short; this policy is needed, because we as a community threw rocks through the windows for fun and started crying when the rain blew in.

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

What's all this talk of a new rule or policy change? We're still operating like we always have, this announcement was intended to be both a warning and a notice to all who are currently on thin ice as well as inform the community we're going to be stepping up our game when it comes to enforcing the Code of Conduct.

In a nutshell, if you know you're a problem player, you should try to be less of a problem player. If you're not, you're good to go.

12. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

[​IMG]

13. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

This is what I was getting at; the post was more in regards to reaction to the announcement.

14. Olivia

Olivia New Member

This is all really dramatic lol.

15. Azeliblehblehbleh

Azeliblehblehbleh New Member

As a simple post; more than anything I'm happy this thread happened because more than anything it proves that our staff are still aiming to keep communication open on both sides.

Thanks, guys. You're doing your best. Let's all try to make it even better. 200% efforts commencing.

16. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

They always were.

17. Azeliblehblehbleh

Azeliblehblehbleh New Member

I know, but some people seem to forget that. :)
    Plus, I haven't been around for /all/ that long compared to a bunch of you xD

18. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I would also like to state that I am %100 not okay with people exploiting it in this manner, do not do this, please.

yeeeeeeaaah, big scary orange text was meant to grab your attention, but not necessarily intimidate, that's on ME though, and I apologize for any confusion it caused

19. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

SCARY MOVIE ANTARES EDITION

20. Roxan

Roxan New Member

...I'm okay with this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.