1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Sent you a message regarding personal matters, I hope you respond.

And don't take things to heart so much. I'm pretty much a hypocrite though myself.

2. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

This is an incredibly negative "Be Prepared".
    Expecting the worst is textbook definition of Pessimism, you're probably better off not saying that it isn't.

3. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I don't plan to accept failure with this, I know we can do better, we just have to decide to BE better.

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

And what? Lie to people?

5. The Grand Mugwump

Again. This is not a thread about TAP. Take it elsewhere. Final warning.

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

You can be as pessimistic as you want as long as you don't undermine anyone else's optimism.
    -edit-
    Not entirely directed at Tap, no banerino pls. I'm just saying be whatever you want to be as long as its not at someone elses expense.

7. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Do what you want. I tried taking it out of the conversation. I have not received a message back. If I could talk to the moderators in a single message I'd love to but I have the innate fear they'll just ignore me. So, besides threatening to ban me and punish me like some child for bringing up pertinent issues in a thread when the moderator team ignores me, can I have any assurance I'll be able to talk to you guys in a private space?

8. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Did you try talking to all the mods? Like sending them all messages....HEY WAIT, just use that new forum thread thingy. I'm sure they'll answer you in there.

9. The Grand Mugwump

You have made allusions to very, very serious accusations in your analogy. If you're going to keep bringing this up, then please do it right. Get your evidence, get your friends' testimonies, and then make a report to Kazyyk, us, or even in a thread in the security forum. Otherwise you're not accomplishing anything productive with vague allusions and are just stirring up ill will for everyone involved.

I will admit I was a bit harsh with the final warning. Feel free to continue discussing pessimism and optimism in regards to our announcement. But please take your problem to a more appropriate place.

10. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Thank you. Sorry I had such a confrontational stance. Things can get frustrating at times. Have a good night.

11. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Yeah, it's honestly like a really negative grab to get their attention.

12. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I have optimism for the new rule, but pessimism for the mods ability to act on this efficiently. I'd suggest bringing in more mods, we have like, what, 6 mods or something? Bump it up a little.

13. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'd love to help, but not sure if that's possible at this point in time.

It's also that thing where 'too many cooks in the kitchen' could ruin the stew.....

14. Blaine871

Blaine871 New Member

i think its about that time everyone goes away for a bit and relaxes. If you guys dont want to thats fine, but i did and im feeling alot better right now about all this.

Edit: of course alot of people are seeming more relaxed already though before i posted this.

15. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

The goal to solve these problems was introducing the Arbiters/Reviewers. Arbiters were a failed project, but they really need more reviewers. I can tell you that a LOT of the mods' time is spent reviewing apps. The Reviewers are meant so that the mods can actually spend time moderating, in the stead of doing apps.

16. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Anyway, now that this thread is mostly back on track I am going to hop off for a while, I'll be back to answer any questions in a few hours.

17. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Honestly I have no opinion regarding this toxicity issue beyond my continued stance of "y'all need to calm down".

I will say that I appreciate the mods stepping up and trying to at least help in handling this. Though I am sorry that some feel they're so untrustworthy. Hopefully after this initial road bump people will feel more comfortable bringing their problems to the mods in private and we don't have to wade through those toxicity threads that seem to be posted every other hour.

18. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

You still look rusty AF M-bot.

19. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

[​IMG]

I still wonder how high mods were when they came up with this rule.

20. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I find it funny, when we can all laugh about bullshit that goes down and shrug it off it's a lot better than passive aggressive humor and pent up emotions. Things happen, the community gets toxic, feelings get wound up, and sometimes it's good to take a break. I'm kind of curious as this new rule of zero tolerance kind of doesn't work when we all have screws out of place. It's good for helping the more immature trolling of ideas and flaming people for their character, but besides that unless someone's trying to throw shit into a conversation where it doesn't belong.... er... *cough*..... we can't really do much about criticism.

So fun guessing game, what role you are in the video?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.