1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Floran regeneration(it has to do with florans so come check it out)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinach Pirate, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Apologies about the rule zero thing..

As for overseeing magic healing abilities with Ailanthus? I waited out my regeneration time. I'm not sure about others but i know i have. But thats in the past now, lets look forward to the future and find a way to stop the abuse of floran regen. it has to be the communities AND mods jobs. us for reporting it, the mods for handling it

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

PASSIVE AGGRESSION POINTS MALACHAR. This is what I like, though. Bringing forward examples, instead of screaming. And while I approve (despite the the speeding up of the inconvenient bit due to time smooshing), that's one example out of many.

Playing dumb gets you nowhere. I watched a Human regenerating four missing fingers thanks to Ailanthus' healing sap. Florans regenerating critical wounds in days time. Meat Biter beaming down to LM a day or less after being critically wounded. Florans being abused on the insistence that "Two or three bullet wounds to a Floran is nothing, it'll live, I'm sure". Ignoring the past makes us blind moving forward. This argument started out from a purely biological perspective.

The fact is, regeneration is an issue right now. And unless someone can pose a satisfactory way to keep it and stop abuse, I will not be swayed.

3. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

It wasn't timeskipping, it was us RPing her actually regenerating within a day. That was before it was widely accepted that it should be at least a week.

Something I regret, but we chalked it up to really really bad stimulants that caused her nutrition levels to drop exponentially and landed her 2 days in a med-pod

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

5. Switchback

the healing sap is meant to stabilize the floran. not directly fix them up like some kind of jell.
    Hell the salve that sharp carries with her has the sap mixed with some herbs into it...
    same thing at the tree
    its also good for relaxing but thats a different story

6. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

You're right, I just really don't want it to go away because I like that one thing about them so much. A rule could be made, but that has a chance of exploding and causing heated arguements. I'm really just conflicted between 'voting' for scrapping the regen because you make so much sense and my wanting to keep it around.

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

It's starbound RP, it's not supposed to make sense.
    Also; Floran regeneration isn't unbalanced compared with what other races pull when they lose a limb, they get cybernetics, recover and adjust way too fast, and the cybernetics are more often than not a straight upgrade. I'd rather not have half mechanical Florans run around using their advanced cybernetics as weapons. Florans steal technology and have been able to reverse engineer it, i'm pretty sure they could figure out cybernetics eventually, if they needed it.

8. Sammy McHammyDoodle

I'm just going to pray to Regis Christ and eat some ham now, I'm okay with the regenerating being scrapped or staying.
    I'm not the one that needs to be convinced of something, right? .-.

9. skipi

skipi New Member

"floran master race fuck everyone else and fuck you if you disagree"
    - this thread
    Honestly, I wouldn't be so upset with the blatant ganging up on Felonious if anyone was actually making genuine points against him, but all I see is nitpicking little details in an attempt to disassemble and derail his well-thought-out opinion on Floran regeneration.

10. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Far too many people who play Florans have been totally convinced that they can do things they shouldn't be able to because "t-the lore says they're the best! we swear!"

11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Taking everything completely out of context when many valid points and counterpoints has been made.
    Why am I not surprised.
    Anyone who tells you that, punch them in the face. If they try to quote that project incarcerus thing, i'm making it known that involved apex CITIZENS, and they were only not stopped because Big Ape commanded the experiment to go on.
    Edit: Clarification: 10 apex citizens, vs 10 rabid floran warriors looking for a fight.
    And the 10 ganged up on 1 guard at the end, weaponry unknown, obviously not a flamethrower

12. Solour

Solour a dad

[​IMG]
    THIS THREAD

13. Switchback

14. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Totally just butting in here with little relevance to the topic
    A floran could never use a cybernetic limb. As they are a plant based life form, their "muscles" most likely respond to chemical signals, rather than electric ones. Cyberware, in our sci-fi realm, are wired up to a patients nervous system directly. Transitioning from organic circuitry to mechanical. Florans /may/ be able to reverse engineer tech, but they'll /never/ be smart enough to develop cybernetic technology that works with their biology.

#54 Aiko Ikari, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  15. Switchback

but mom.. what about all the florans that have cybernetics?
    Including me

16. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

I know I won't be voiding something that's months established. Who says energy conversion can't be a thing anyway, we can power clock with potatos right? Doesn't that mean interaction is possible? Especially in 400 years?

17. Sammy McHammyDoodle

So much pixel in that picture it's almostly trying to lead the Rezalruat Armada.
    (It's a joke, I know he wasn't the leader-leader but who cares?)

18. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

since i already have people talking about floran anatomy, think they would die of wrist slitting?

19. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Ehhh... Maybe...

Florans have sap, much much thinker than blood. Ssso they'd still be able to bleed out, albeit more slowly.
    So yeah, cut deep enough, don't treat it, die like the rest.

20. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

about that sap thing, it probably is the same thickness as blood, maybe a little thicker, but because of their metabolisms being WAYYYY higher than normal plants, they would need sap as thin as blood to carry nutrients fast enough.

what i meant by that question is do you think they have a major blood vessel there, like humans do?