1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I may leave - I'm going to be taking a break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ariexe, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Just... With the stress and the attitudes of some people. No one seams to listen and no one seams to care. No one understands each other, yet everyone pretends they do. Schools coming up in September and if I don't drop my happy always fine persona im not going to get where I need to do. And seriously it starts here.

Not once have I ever experienced something like Antares. This community is filled with great, fun, loving people, but the amount of cyber bulling is too much. Its a crime you know? and being bullied 18 years of my life has taught me not to stand to it no more. Ignoring problems only make them worse and seriously, I have one word. Stop.

I may or may not leave. I still have friends here and I still have projects i'd like to see finished. some of you may not care, wile others care too much. At the end of the day No ones normal and no ones special. so stop acting like it.

Say what you want. call me an attention whore. I really don't care at this point and all it does is make you look worse. Its good to see people are so selfish now a days.

EDIT: Keep in mind the words "May be" I might just need a break from this. No idea.

EDIT: At the end of the day my decision is final. I'm going to be taking a break. If it wasn't for the people who actually do care standing up for me, Than I would have just ended this here. But I still have Projects I need to full fill, and how will Asa retire with simply 10k? I'f I can... If we can change the minds of others in my position, why can't I?

Before I lock the thread, please note to those who think this is just a game. You may be right, and I'll agree with you, but to some of us, Roleplay is all we have. When someone says "you should stop roleplaying" to someone like me, thats like telling a 6 year old that they can't get no where in life. As of right now, Roleplay is my life because you know what? Reality is a B***h Its unforgiving and its cruel. People like me Look to roleplay for a remedy, something to make themselves someone who they want to be.

I hope this thread becomes more of a lesson to the community. If you feel like shit is tough, There's always light on the other side of the tunnel.

#1 Ariexe, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I will miss you and your character "DJ Error". Seriously.

3. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Was I part of the problem at all?

4. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Keep in mind the words "May be". I just need to figure out if what im doing here is worth my time or not
    No.

5. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

Criticism and insulting isn't the same as cyber bullying; nobody I can think of is going out of there way to harass you repetitively. I hate to be blunt and I don't enjoy the thought of you leaving, but this post just screams "help".

I can agree with you here. The community is degrading into a more toxic state and I have a feeling nobody really likes to hear this but my prediction (might be doomsday prediction. oops!) is that the community is going to be the thing that kills itself, very unlikely anything else. Let me quote an example from today, without the names.

I heard from a certain friend that somebody OOCly (you know who you are fyi) kept locking him in doors with wiring and if he managed to get past, he was killed by an OOC rocket weapon. A complaint may have been filed already but the point stands; that's complete bullshit. Not to mention in the past month or so we've had more and more toxic shit-posting and degrading comments between others, but nothing I'd go so far as to call cyber-bullying, just general stupidity and toxicity. I'd quote threads but it's probably best to leave names out of this so nothing falls into a shitfest or shitstorm.

sorry to shit up your thread but this is pretty relevant to your comments.

tl;dr community is it's own enemy.

Edit: If you do leave, I fully support you and wish you good luck in wherever you go. We've had our differences, our problems, our insults, and our troubles but you've been a good person in the end. See ya, space cowboy!

6. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I pretty much agree with everything you've said Ariexe.
    Arcticil has some points but its reached to the point where its turned into cyber bullying.
    It'll be sad to see you go if you do, only so much one can take yeah?

7. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I'm not one for farewells.
    See ya.

8. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

Stay if you want or go if you don't. It doesn't matter either way really.
    Also, Can't see I really see the point of a thread about 'maybe' leaving other than to get attention.
    So maybe save the leaving thread until you've actually decided to leave.

9. Blaine871

Blaine871 New Member

I must agree with you upon the fact that there are more toxic people out and about on the server. Just reading through some of the random posts upon threads that are about upon the forums have showed me this. This issue is All over the place now, I have my Ideas for why most of the people who act this way act this way and if i put them here there would probably be quite a few people to agree with me (not all but quite a few). I mean look at what happened to the creator of Starcheat, (unrelated but shows how alot (not all) of people are nowadays) He took time out of his day to make the mod for others and more than half of the people who downloaded it just complained consistently. Due to this he decided to remove the mod telling others (of course after thanking the supporters) that if they want the issue fixed they can find their own way now. (Not his exact words but similar to what he meant.) I must say that there are alot of people that dont see the idea that most of the mods out there are made for our enjoyment taking freetime from the creators to make it more enjoyable for us, But i digress, this is getting off topic.

And those of you who think it is funny to just kill your friends or non friends over and over and over again. Do you think its funny to them? Do you think you would find it funny if you were them and they were you in that situation? Would you like people to treat you with the same respect you give them? Becuase honestly if you treat people like they dont matter to you whatsoever they are going to do the same thing back to their best ability.
    Its the common idea of, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all ,(Kaiser im looking at you.)

If you truly need to take a break id suggest it instead of leaving, That way you can relax and get this off your mind for awhile. But if you truly feel that it would be a better decision to leave then by all means choose what you feel is best,
    Best wishes man go with what you feel is the best decision.

10. skipi

skipi New Member

Sometimes the nice thing to say isn't what needs to be said.
    Regardless, I don''t exactly feel good about Ariexe (possibly) leaving.

11. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I'm actually surprised with the support. I thought the general group just didn't care enough.

All I can say is in-terms of cyber bullying, it exists, and its hidden. I'm not going to throw names but there's a certain group of people who chat a mungs one another. It consists of many people and to hear from someone who is representing that group on how they feel of me, especially to be told to "stop roleplaying. go die". You can't tell me that's not cyber bullying. Now for that who did tell em that, it wasn't your exact words but its how I took it. and yes I may have told you no one likes you in the past, but did you not notice my several attempts to try and help that? Not once have you helped me. So i'm done returning the favor.

I've taken on the game Spiral Knights. cute little mmo. I like it. Ill be on Starbound to finish up my projects, run them for abit and see how it goes. but I'm done for trying to make things big.

12. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Sorry to see you go; I know we personally have not seen eye-to-eye much, but it's always sad to see dedicated players move on.

Now don't wanna turn this into something political, but seriously bullying ain't cool. If you feel someone's being abusive, please let us know so we can look into it.

13. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Why do you even care that people are saying that you suck, go die etc.
    btw spiral knights sucks

14. Shalken

Shalken New Member

I think everyone needs a break every once in a while just to recharge, Vos and I take lots of short little breaks from Starbound. Honestly I think you're a great person and your roleplay has improved a lot; even if it's not the best, I know you're working hard to make it so. I'd hate to see you leave.

15. Switchback

Because its demoralizing Emotionally. No one likes to be put down after all the effort they've put into things. Especially around here.

16. skipi

skipi New Member

It's unhealthy to get so emotionally involved with RP. It's supposed to be a fun activity.

17. Narfball

Narfball narfball

if you do leave, bye.
    if not, hi.

i'm bad at these.

on the topics of cyber bullying and such, i know it exists, i know it exists here, but let me tell you something that helps me deal with it.
    it's the internet, you take everything with a grain of salt. you're looking at a screen with 3 primary colors that are mixed to create secondary and other colors, text doesn't hurt as much as someone actually telling you on mic, over the phone, or even in person to go kill yourself. you just gotta learn to treat the internet as a poorly written book, /b/ taught me that the easy way. or y'know, you can just chill out and go do your own thing i'm no prophet.

18. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I think it's safe to say that if people were more open and accepting of one another that this community would be a lot better. I could rant about cliques, peer pressure, and other issues all day, but it won't change much. Lot of things are happening to contribute, school, people being stressed out. If we all took a moment and connected with other people I'm sure things would be better and more enjoyable. So goodluck with your choices, I'm considering taking leave from this server if my plans go to crap, but know that there are still people out there, not necessarily in the public eye, who might share your ideas or thoughts on roleplay.

19. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Rules 1 & 2 you fuck.

20. Switchback

Emotionally invested or not its still not a good feeling. I'd mention more but i'll just leave it at that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.