1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[New Currency] Jules

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Ariexe, Aug 22, 2014.

?

Do you think Jules is good or bad?

1. Good Idea. I don't see myself using it very much

23.5%
  2. Good Idea, I can see myself using this alot!

35.3%
  3. Bad Idea. I don't like it, but I can see how this could be implimented

5.9%
  4. Bad Idea. Terrible idea and it will never work

35.3%
  5. I really don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Complex is better than simple. A simple system can easily be abused, while a complex one will have little to no loop holes, and the holes it does have can easily be filled quickly. To be blunt - Do /not/ allow exchanging pixels for joules. Your economy is going to bust immediately when future Donald Trump comes in with bags of pixels and starts making a monopoly out of your colony. If you're going to use a currency for your colony only, I would advise making it so it has to be earned at said colony. People could sell weapons or other equipment /for/ Jules. Something like that would sound a lot better than exchanging pixels for them.

2. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Considering Im going to be renting out buildings for shop owners, this could be done quite efficiently. not to mention I have stalls set up as mini shops. And you have a good point with a complex system.