1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Where do you get all this money?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Felonious, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

>>>User: AvosApothecary<<<
    >>>Start Public Message<<<

I imagine when unscrupulous people charge such outrageous prices as 47K for a beam rifle, that there are going to be rich arms dealers. However, I have no interest in furthering any unnecessary violence. In fact, as a Kluex fearing Flightless, and having spent my life training as a healer and apothecary, I don't have the want or ability to follow such a career. In fact, I find it despicable how much violence and crime goes on out here. You should be ashamed for supporting it.

>>>End Public Message<<<

2. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

I did what I had to do to survive, thank you very much

I may not be proud of what I did, but I did what was necessary to survive.

You have no right to judge

<~Mute

3. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Surviving through supporting death so willingly.

-Itztli.

4. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I might be exempt from this because I don't have 'all this money', but there are a lot of bars that need bartenders, and some of them pay well enough to get by. 40K for a gun, though? Dang.

Also, gold can definitely go down in value, because its price is completely arbitrary, and now that the spaceship is relatively affordable there's an infinite supply of the stuff. If you're stocking for when the pixel collapses or some insane things, go buy a bunch of cigarettes, toiler paper and fuel.

- Ryan

5. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Cyan-
    Be honest, floran not had that much money.
    Is was lie.
    That be why.

6. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

go to school, get a degree, get $$$
    (except arts dont do arts its dumb lol)

- Syk0

7. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Back on Earth pre-tentacling, I was the owner of a large fuel producing and shipping company. Now 90% of my company's gone, but hey, still got some cash lying around.

-Logan

8. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

It seems like there are a lot of rich people around this sector. The weapons dealers must be rather successful seeing how many of them are just popping out of nowhere nowadays.

Personnally, I've got the little money I've got from treasure hunting, then working as a courier in my spare time. I'm actually extremely poor compared to most of the people around here.

- Azeran

((Was a discussion about spawning infinite amounts of money through StarCheat/ILC Mod already done? Because it kinda feels like an issue that everyone is just running around with tens of thousands of pixels in their pockets.))

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

(( this is the issue this thread is trying to address in an IC way, yes ))

10. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

*Voice to text chat*
    Oi, summa' us are full fuggen' willin' ta spend 40k on a fuggen' rifle, cause it's a collectible, ya can sell it fer big money, an' with a rare power source like that, and the right know-how, ya can turn it around and start makin' others like it. It's an investment, not a fuggen' whimsical purchase.
    Anyways, I don't got no fake money. My transactions're honest, through n' through. I check my buyers n' make sure they ain't shittin' me, an' then we can talk business. Anyways, sellin' "custom" shit an' nothin' really quality, ya ain't gonna make as much money. Better ta have somethin' that works than somethin' fancy, cause ya ain't gettin' both. USCM Pulse rifles? Quality shit. Wish I could get ma hands on some old Armada gear, but I'd prolly hafta sell my dead grandmother's soul ta even look at those anymore.

-RustySwagger
    ((Arvel))

11. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Let me show you this secret:
    [​IMG]
    You just have to do something like that with pixels.
    -Solar

12. Hour

Hour Dogu

Live as a professional whore and mercenary for eighteen years and you'll attain money just as fast as you lose it.
    But sometimes you get enough that you just can't lose it fast enough.
    -AA

13. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Sleep with rich guys.
    - Clarice

14. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I don't know, to be honest. Considering while I was working the bar in the Den, someone gave me a tip worth 1000 pixels, money doesn't appear to be a issue here. And yet working an honest job like I am has only gotten me... 44,753 pixels in the last two months. Considering my ship crashed and I lost everything I'm still stuck on the planet, and having had to use that money for a room in the Den for the past two months, as well for food and such, brings that value back down too... 36,353... And even then 10,000 of that was from a kind man who tricked me into getting a 10k voxel as a tip for serving him a drink.

Considering I used to be a merchant before crashing, I don't understand how anyone in this sector has so much money. I've seen people guzzle down gallons of booze and be perfectly fine, not even a little hiccup. This sector is strange. There definitely must be a printing press for pixels somewhere, because there's no way anyone can have all this money just to put it on a beam rifle. I mean that's a lot. Whoever won that auction could have bought a small ship with that amount of money! It kind of pains me to just see money tossed around so haphazardly around here, while I'm slowly amassing my money back, and yet still having trouble with a good job.

-Kimmy

15. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

To touch on this, who the hell orders a shot and 'sips' it? You don't SIP a SHOT GLASS. And what drugs are they taking that three shots of Whiskey would not cause -some- disorientation? I tried to drink Whiskey once.. Tried.. The smell made me gag, felt like I was getting drunk through my nose.

- Myoku

16. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Yeah... Appears a lot of people in this sector have a high alcohol tolerance. Someone ordered like a gallon of moonshine, then came back for another and they were perfectly fine... MOONSHINE! I mean what the hell!?

-Kimmy

17. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Meanwhile, my alcohol tolerance is pretty much worse than zero...
    Either this sector is full of alcoholics, or I'm just a "Pussy".
    Probably both, from what I've heard.
    - Sc@v3ng3r

18. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

I can't drink a quarter of a wartwine bottle witohut feeling at least dizzy... and heard human alcohol can be much stronger than that.

-Itztli

19. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

.... A Gallon? Maybe they just needed some fuel for their ship.

But in all honesty, tolerance that high is unrealistic. And what is the point in drinking if it does not affect you?

- Myoku

20. Shalken

Shalken New Member

My solution to the sector's drinking habits: drink tea. It's good for you. Probably a lot cheaper, too.

-Logan