1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Grand Announcement

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Animator, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Animator

Animator New Member

It should come as no surprise that the Armored Wolves, the former owners of the Wolf's Den, have essentially dissolved. This became news to me as, upon arrival of the Wolve's Den, everything was in a grievous state; there was evidence of some mild looting, damage along the whole estate, no drinks, and no one to talk to. In my disappointment, I head for New Chicago after hearing along the grapevine that there was a bar open there. At the time, though, it wasn't manned; an Avian clad in armor served me my drinks for me out of kindness. I had told him about the whereabouts of those who owned the Den, to which he told me that he was the standing leader of what remained of the Wolves. Out of impulse and opportunity, I asked if I could man what was once one of the most excellent drinking locations in the Galaxy; he agreed rather swiftly, and now after what is a little less than a week of basic repairs along the more public venues of the castle, I'm here to announce my official ownership of the Wolves Den along with the rest of the land, now relabeled as simply "The Den".

There are going to be many changes happening here, not only bar wise, but also to the rest of the planet. As it stands, here are the given details:
    • The bar and public venues such as the library and the bathrooms are still the same, except cleaned up and given some perks; such examples are that the bar has a reinforced glass window to allow people to look outside, the bathrooms are cleaner and now have stalls, along with some basic redecoration. We've restocked, so we're still selling drinks. The hospital is still functioning.
    • We will be selling the items left behind in the estate. Any and all remnant Wolves that want to keep their belongings have a two week notice to come and retrieve them; otherwise, we will be cleaning it out. Beds, cups, clothes, computers, the works. Anything of military design (armor, guns, etc) will not be sold, and will instead be stored away deep or re-purposed for less hostile usage (security at the bar and the planet).
    • We are offering jobs. Positions such as security, bar-tending, entertainment, and other things. Forms to apply will be put up soon.
    • The shipyard will be dismantled and recycled as a site for selling ship-parts, as well as a ship grave-yard. We will be posting ship part prices along with more details on the matter soon.
    • The black market is closed until further notice. A decision on what to do with it has still not been reached, but re-purposing it as it's own legal market location and living station is in talks.
    • Rooms will be available for rent in the future for the estate. As a result, the estate will have more public areas; however, this is an ongoing process. There are some parts of the estate which we will be re-arranging (some bridges for easier, more direct access, fixing staircases, remodeling, lighting, etc.) after we have finished selling what we do not need.
    • And more!
    Keep an eye on any future updates and releases on new about Alpha Malkut and the Den here. I look forward to to everything that is to come in the future, both from all of you as well as what this planet has to offer, and all the opportunities that lie before us. See you soon.

- Rocco, new owner of the Den and Alpha Malkut.

2. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Would someone who had a job previously there still retain said job? I tended the bar before the Wolves dissolved. If not then I understand.

-Kimiko

3. Animator

Animator New Member

They're free to re-apply; and in all honestly, it's likely they'd get it back, if only because they would have relevant experience working there.

- Rocco

4. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Oh. It's back... That's... news.

-Apothecary

5. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

The Wolves Den, never fancied it, sad it's back.
    - Sc@v3ng3r

6. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Sad because of how it looks? You hate the snow? What makes you sad?

- Myoku

7. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

I don't know about the drinks but they did stay out of the way when I was making some arrests so I would recommend this.

-GR33N-MASH33N

8. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans* ((Floran))

Maybe you could get one of the Wolves to do guided tours of the place. Some newcomers might have fun learning about the Den and it's... denizens...

...I'll go now...

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I was also a bartender/manager, I'll come back if it means income.

I'll also double as security if it's really really needed, but I seriously would rather not.

-Bolt

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Shame you are keeping the interesting things under wraps. I might swing by and have a look at the rest of the junk you have laying about anyhow.

- B00mb1rd

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Anything that I don't like that happens.
    - Sc@v3ng3r

12. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Well, I am sure that anything that happens that you do not like is just that, but what exactly do you not like about The Den? Perhaps we could take some suggestions?

- Myoku

13. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

The atmosphere of tension, the despicable people, the constant violence. Kluex above, the fact that it has no trade options or anything to offer the frontier and yet harbors so many criminals. What good is a TAVERN as a settlement?

-Apothecary

14. Animator

Animator New Member

That was the past. It harbors no criminals anymore; projects are in place (as outlined in the opening post) on expanding it to accommodate living space and venues of future trade and market, making the tavern itself only one facet the planet has to offer. Whatever you think it is, it's not anymore. The Wolves are long gone, and that age is behind us.

- Rocco

15. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Longtime fans of mine will be pleased to know that I have been signed to a contract as a full-time performer at this establishment. Come one, come all. Bring your children if you must. The brass does not discriminate.

-PHANTOMTRUMPETOFFICIAL

16. Animator

Animator New Member

We now have applications up for the open spots at the Den! Get 'em while they're hot, folks. The pay is decent and the work is legal, which means a lot compared to most other corners of space.

- Rocco