1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Heist group/Oceans eleven ripoff group/Elaborate plan to steal stuff group Interest Check

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Steamy, Aug 17, 2014.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

So I noticed alot of groups and factions have some sort of vault where they keep their physical valuables goods and trinkets.What this group would do is attempt to coordinate events with the groups for a heist that wouldn't have any violence because group on group combat is annoying but would be an elaborate heist/break in to steal from where this faction keeps their valuables.inside this is just a general interest check for the group.Also if enough interest is shown during events someone to be a GM would be nice.Feel free to post your ideas criticisms or if you would like to be a part of this idea if it comes to fruition.

#1 Steamy, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  2. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I like this idea. It would take a LOT of coordination though, if factions are even willing to help consent to it. I have a character who's a con artist who might be able to participate but otherwise, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Let's see what people say.

3. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Yea the main possible problem with this is organization and consent.

4. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

The other problem would be figuring out how the security of said faction's vault works. Chances are most of that information is classified and you'd need a man on the inside to get into all of the vaults. (And please no "I'm a hacker" type characters for this group... The horrors... -shudders-)

5. Spyrosis

Spyrosis Basedgod

Interested as pluck, someone tried to pull off a heist before but a dedicated group is necessary to actually do it.

6. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

It seems like for the most part the feedback is positive,but we need people to be part of the group so don't be afraid to say if you want one of your characters to be apart of the group so pm me or comment if you do so we can get this idea into action and if any faction leaders want to be robbed if the group happens feel free to comment or pm me or comment so we have a heist.

7. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

You mentioned no combat during these heists, but what if something went wrong? What if a guard caught you? That doesn't necessarily mean you get shot or something, but maybe tazed, cuffed, knocked out, held for questioning, etc. etc. Could/Would things like that happen?

8. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

I like this idea, I was at the New Chicago heist, and it was....interesting. There were powergamers and griefers, so personally, I didn't enjoy it. But I think a dedicated heist group seems like a fun idea.

9. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

In an emergency scenario it can be assumed they will attempt to use non-leather force to subdue enemies so if they get captured by the people they were robbing they wouldn't be in trouble for murder along with robbery giving them a better chance of getting out alive.

10. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

While its a good idea, it would require a butt load of planning and co-operation. Also, if someone finds you rooting around in their stuff, stealing their thigns, this is the kind of place where we shoot first and ask questions later. So thatd have to be worked out.

11. Animator

Animator New Member

12. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

I mean, I'm in if your making the group

13. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

I am going to start a group convo with everyone that said yes and maybe if to plan stuff for the because we have 4 yeses and maybes people are still welcome to join.

14. Roison

Roison New Member

Sounds nice to me.

#14 Roison, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  15. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

Yes for me. This sounds terrifically fun, though hard to coordinate.