1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Under Construction] New Freehold Settlement

Discussion in 'Archives' started by NotSoLoneWolf, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Are you interested in New Freehold? (OOC)

1. Yes, the settlement sounds like a great concept! *posts residency application in thread*

21.4%
  2. Kind of, it's always nice to have a new settlement. I might visit sometime.

35.7%
  3. NOOOOO!!! WE HAVE WAYYYY TO MANY COLONIES ALREADY! GET OUT!

42.9%
  1. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

((PLEASE at least read the thread before choosing the GET OUT!!! option on the poll. PLEASE.))

Hello, StarNet! Mark Wolf here! Did everyone get that? This thing is really similar to the Internet back on Earth... anyways, I am proud to announce that construction on a new colony, New Freehold, has officially begun! ((I really hope Bungie doesn't sue me for using the name of the colony on Mars in Destiny for this LOL, next thing i know a Wizard will COME FROM THE MOON XD))

UNTIL CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, ALL VISITORS (OTHER THAN DESIGNATED BUILDERS) MUST ASK FOR PERMISSION TO BEAM TO THE SURFACE. IF NO OFFICIAL IS PRESENT, PLEASE BE PATIENT.

What this colony is about
    New Freehold is a residental/commercial colony focused on the people inside it. Unlike many other colonies, we will have both guest housing AND plots of land for sale. The colony has a modern feel, non-technologically advanced races are still allowed in the colony, but may feel out of place in a land of shiny metal and computers.
    To the left of the telepad is the Control Centre, which serves as command hub for the entire colony and as the immigration centre. New arrivals must proceed here to gain residency, which grants a 50 pixmeters wide, 999 pixmeters tall plot of land, or a sale permit, which gives permission for goods to be sold at either your designated plot of land, or at an empty stall in our market.
    Beyond the Control Centre and across the bridge, a vast amount of space is reserved for plots. Unless you have residency, this area is restricted until all essential construction is completed.
    To the right of the telepad, the guest area is located. This area is open to all, and is planned to contain (listed in order of current construction queue): Central Plaza, Medicare Building/Hospital, Guest Housing/Hotel, Inn/Tavern, Market Square, Agricultural District, More to come.
    The entire settlement is defended by a state-of-the-art defense network, which keeps the local aggressive wildlife at bay. Visitors, Builders, and Residents are encouraged to recharge the turrets' energy pools if then run low. ((recharge by pressing E while hovering mouse cursor over them, energy pool is indicated by Green/Yellow/Red bar at the base of the turret.))

Pictures to be uploaded to StarNet when construction has advanced further.

How you can join
    We are currently accepting applications to help build the guest area. If you are accepted as a Builder, upon completion of a worthy amount of effort, you will gain full residency in the colony.
    We are also accepting residency applications for people to live in the colony once essential construction is completed.
    Leadership positions in the colony are available, please privately message me on the StarNet or use a private communications channel when i am not napping aboard my ship ((not online)).
    Builder applications and advance residency applications can be broadcast over the intergalactic communications network, or make a post in this StarNet thread.

It should be noted that i want this settlement to be a place of freedom, and as such, no fees, taxes, or payment is needed to claim a plot and residency in New Freehold, only a short interview and background check to make sure you aren't a mass murderer ((NO MAGICAL USCM SCANNER INVOLVED)). However, a Sale Permit will require a small one-time fee.

Navi-computer coordinates

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WARNING OUTDATED COORDINATES, HAD TO MOVE PLANETS. WILL HAVE NEW COORDS UP LATER TODAY.

((I should be online to direct builders and visitors at 4:30PST later today, maybe a half hour earlier. In the meantime PM me with leadership applications and post in this thread if you want to be a Builder or a Resident))

#1 NotSoLoneWolf, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

Hi there! The name's MkVenner. I'd like to apply for residency in New Freehold. I'm sorta new on the StarNet. Served a few tours in the military, and after getting out, I didn't want anything to do with people for awhile. But that needs to change. And by gaining a plot of land and owning a house, with real neighbors and everything, I think I could finally start making connections with people and really break this whole lone wolf thing I started. Thanks for taking the time to read this application, and I sincerely hope it gets approved.

-- Ven

3. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((Word of advice, if you havent gotten far in the building process yet, I reccomend finding a planet with short cords. Somewhere between 1-3 digits. Every public colony is something like 50, -43. Not 3299343242, -12594043990432

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( dont listen to aiko any planet is a good planet make people work >:^( ))

5. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

(( im sorry. did i make your wittle tiny bwain hurt babby? XD sorry about that, but seriously if you are too lazy to type 16 extra keys... also the space around 0, 0 is gonna get congested real fast if everyone does thay, this way if i ever decide to make a faction that has multiple colonies there is room to branch out.))
    thank you for your application mkvenner, we should have time for aninterview tomorrow.

6. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

(( Gotta agree with Aiko. With cords like that I often have to keep a notepad of some kind around to in order to remember it ))

I'd prefer pictures before I decide if this place is worth visiting or even applying for residence.

-Lin

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((
    -999 ~ 999 is our threshold for all star systems within coordinates under 4 digits.

Difference of 1998.

To find all potential coordinates within this threshold:

1998 (x value) x 1998 (y value) = 3,992,004

Multiple this by 4 alternate sectors, as we'll leave sector X out

3,992,004 x 4 = 15,968,016

That's roughly 16 million possible areas. However, we /know/ that there isn't a star system at every coordinate, so . . . Let's pretend 1/8th of all coordinates contain a star system.

16,000,000 / 8 = 2,000,000.

That's still 2 million potential locations. I won't even get into how all star systems can include anywhere between 1- 30 planets.

Our server has a cap of 70. Throughout the course of our life, we've only accumulated 3,336 forum members. There are currently a total of 10 factions, and 8 colonies with sub forums.
    The likely hood of expanding at all is relatively low, but compare these numbers to the ~2 million star systems that exist below 4 digit coordinates.

You will have room to expand.

This is about courtesy. It's more convenient for you, and everyone else, to use low digit coords. That is, if you even want people to visit.

8. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

((with an argument like that i cant really put up any defense can i? sorry MkVenner interview will be delayed until i can get the control centre up and running. Pictures will also be delayed, sorry laserllama, the colony is very early in development.))

#8 NotSoLoneWolf, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  9. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((Its just a tip. You're guaranteed more popularity if you stay within the 3 digit bounds. <3

10. Flerun

Flerun New Member

Hey, can i help build? free of charge, i need some Charity work done anyways.

11. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

I would always welcome some helpers! ((I just finished the new Control Centre, but i need to logoff for now. in about 5 hours from the writing of this post, maybe earlier, i should be online to give you the new coordinates.))

((and also im now within 2 digits - on my first settlement location i was surprised to land on a planet with a motion sensor at spawn, and then some glitch arrived and said the planet was in the Order's Sphere of Expansion XD I got a new system though, Alpha Aximna Majoris, I set up a space station in the asteroid belt orbiting the 5th planet, and the main colony is starting to get underway on the 3rd))

12. UrbanCritter

UrbanCritter The Elusive Antaran Raccoon

I want in. Any chance you need someone for guard duty or something?

-PrisonRat

13. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

you can be in charge of building the autoturret defense network if you like. (( I also have need for some colony officials, pm me if you want head of security or something like that))