1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Is there any room for another settlement/colony?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotSoLoneWolf, Aug 14, 2014.

1. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

DISCLAIMER: I only joined the server very recently, so please excuse my noobishness of common knowledge of Colonies and Factions on the server.
    I asked this in the chat earlier, and there were varying responses. they ranged from "hell yes, more creativity is always welcome!" to "NO GOD DAMNIT THERE ARE ALREADY A METRIC SHIT-TON OF COLONIES WE DONT NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!1111111!!!!!one".
    Some people also said there might be room depending on the theme of the colony, which is the answer i have decided to go with. I have noticed multiple Medeval-themed settlements, an Industrial one, and i have heard about one for outlaws and such. One person suggested a cyberpunk themed city, as there were a lack of utopian technology-based colonies.
    Thoughts and/or theme suggestions?

2. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

There are many colonies, but let's face it: most of them are empty. I think you can use whatever theme you want, since your colony will either be completly forgotten quickly or be a huge success, whatever the theme, except maybe for a medieval-themed one, since we already have a good colony that uses that theme. There are however very few futuristic-themed colonies compared to the other themes, so you can try to go with that one. But in all honesty, I think you should just go with whatever inspires you the most, have fun building, and see how it turns out after, rather than building it to make it turn out good. I'm personnally building a colony that probably nobody will ever roleplay in it, but I'm having fun building it, and I think that's what matters the most.

Have fun!

3. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

on another server i just basically spent a week building a kick-ass floating city, then whenever someone wanted shelter or something I lured them in with no taxes or residential fees whatsoever XD

4. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

If you do build a colony, I'd suggest getting enough people interested that you can make a section for it on the forums. Otherwise it's just going to fade away into obscurity.

5. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

you mean interested in formulating the colony in the first place, or permanent residents?