1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

"The Big One" - CoC and Moderation Overhaul Details

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Chronicle, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

This is an important point, if you think someone is causing problems, politely ask them to stop first. If they do not cease their behaviour or think that they are in the right feel free to ask a mod to come in and help mediate the issue

2. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I wonder how much warning people will get when they seem to start breaking one of the rules. I remember before, when I was banned and I didn't know about it, nobody told me until after the fact. Even then I had to try getting a response out of the previous moderator team and despite my explanation, apology, and appeal they all unanimously decided to keep me banned, or said they all did.

Here's to hoping communication is better down the line!

3. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

You served the server well, but your time is now past. RIP.

4. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

This seems a good a place as any to ask this, so here goes. Are Novakids cannon now, or is it only until they get implemented. Also, what are "shadow avians" exactly?

5. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Shadow Avians are a sub-race which some fairly bad players came up with. They're pretty much edgy Avians with shadow powers.

6. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

The don't bleed

7. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Ssssssshhhh, we don't talk of them.

8. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

...We're...

...We...

...N-Novakids are...

. . . This is a tricky thing that we're working on. Assume the former for now, I'd say.

Novakids be so OP we just kind of want to pretend they'll never happen.

nopethatannouncementwasajokeguys.

9. Chronicle

also they have ~w~i~n~g~s~

We put in the no custom races rule for a couple very specific reasons. This was one of them. ._.

10. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

My only question is how will the sudden arrival of Novakids be treated in server lore

it just feels sort of cheap to say 'oh yeah they were always around' and leave it at that

possibly a mass migration of some sort

EDIT: also you don't have to worry about the shadow avians, we killed the last one the galaxy is at peace

11. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Novakid exist, just not in our galaxy. I think they should be treated more as a rumor/mystery IG untill they eventually get released.

12. Chronicle

As I said, I will be totally honest with you guys when I say we're kind of torn as to what to do with them. Novakids as a whole are kind of terrifying to consider for RP. They might be awesome, but there's a lot of possibility that people will argue that gas-based creatures can't be hurt, can phase through doorknobs, can fly, and all other manner of ridiculousness. Their arrival is another issue.

This is something we will figure out for our server. Promise.

...It's just going to take a bit of time. They probably deserve a whole new thread, maybe a couple.

I agree though that saying that they were always there would be cheap. Since we're set in the Antares Sector specifically, feel free to go with them being myth and legend for the time being. They could just be a being we don't see in this sector - yet. We'll figure out a migration or some such when they get closer to release.

13. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

The most correct way seems to go with that they're a race that people are aware of, but are uncommon in the area, like "Oh, a novakid in these parts?" or some dumb shit like that

14. Chronicle

Exactly. Rare enough that it'd be unheard of for now, since... you know. We can't play them yet.

And before anyone asks about the playable Novakid mod, no, no you cannot. Not server-safe, we checked.

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

They have a solid frame in the "shell" they have. I don't imagine that is something that can be changed. I would argue they are far more fragile then other races really, especially due to the limitations they are presented with getting medical attention.

16. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Maybe there should be a temporary ban on novakids when they come out until enough lore and information can discovered from the new information.

17. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Interesting how the commentary on nova kids leaves my query unanswered.

Joking is fun and all but I wonder how you guys will be when shit really hits the fan.

18. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I agree here, I got suspended and the whole ordeal was a little stressful because of how unclear everything was and how I had to go hunting for answers. Maybe its just because the mods were super busy or something with the new rules but I think there needs to be better mod to community communication.

#98 invictus69, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  19. Loveless

Loveless New Member

That's not needed, it'd be taking away essential freedoms. You can follow their lore and development through playstarbound.com and the nightly updates, so it won't be impossible.

20. Animator

Animator New Member

It's difficult to say. That conclusion can be pretty cheap, but it's the only thing that'd make sense. A mass migration sounds really cool, but I predict that Novakid lore is going to be tied with the lore of other races; which means that intermingling between them and other races has to be a thing, or else we're left with a gaping plot hole.