1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Riengo, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Riengo

Riengo New Member

So, I just saw this movie recently, and it was absolutely amazing! It's probably the best movie I've seen in the theater for years, and I'm definitely going to get it on DVD as soon as it comes out. Everything about it was brilliant. Honestly, how the heck did Marvel even manage to put together this movie? It's irreverent, having nothing to do with the usual Marvel universe, its protagonists are all half-crazy but all extremely well-rounded, the action is brilliant, and the soundtrack is fantastic. This is a level of quality that I'm unaccustomed to seeing in movies, and so it just completely blew me away. Personally, I prefer this movie to the Avengers. This movie made space feel like so much fun, and actually kind of captures the reason why I applied to this server.

I'm curious as to how the rest of the community thinks about the movie, feel free to post your response to it. If you haven't seen it already, I 100% recommend it.

2. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Yeah, I absolutely adore this film. Although, technically it is connected to the greater Marvel universe, especially with certain story aspects. It's most connected to Thor 2 and Avengers story-wise, but watching those two movies is in no way a prerequisite to seeing GOTG.

3. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

I liked it in the comics where Peters mom was killed by aliens more than the death in the movie,But the movie is great.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I liked it because it's not boring.

5. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

Writing this post an hour after I saw it, I gotta say it was fantastic, and I would watch it a million more times.
    A great comic book movie.
    But it's a comic book movie. If you're a stickler for realism, you might be dissapointed. I had to stop myself from nit-picking long enough to actually enjoy the movie.

6. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Not gonna lie though I miss the racist first nations depiction of yondu.

[​IMG]

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

man
    the movie had unnecessary sadness.
    Friggin Groot Dying.. Sad
    Kids cancer-mom cancer-dying because cancer... Sad.
    Ronin's redemption of the Xandar failing... sad

But yea good comic book movie. Gave me nerd boners.

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

EPIC FREAKING MOVIE
    SO HILARIOUS LINES
    MANY BEAUTIFUL ART AND STUFF
    SUCH STORY
    SO LOVE BABY GROOT
    3 COOL 5 U

9. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

"We are groot."
    -Groot 2014