1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Eden Awaits.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OdinOnlineAlive, Aug 9, 2014.

1. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

Hello, I am Marco Vercotti of the Galactic Communications Corporation. I have noticed that the galaxy seems to be missing the great innovators and free-thinking men of our grandparents time. These days the poor want our money and offer nothing in return. This outrages me and I have decided to create a new city for the men who have broken their backs to make the word the place it is today.

However, to achieve my dream, I am calling out to all free-thinking individuals wishing to work on the construction of this city. I present to you a city where the rich need not fear persecution from the poor, where the scientist need not think of ethics. Everybody may come, but only those who work hard will make it to the top.

To all whom wish to come to this eden, send a name and we will send for you. These early adopters can expect a hard life for the first few months, but soon, we will be prosperous.

Freedom awaits, -M. Vercotti.

((Basically I'm setting up a sort of cyberpunk city thats sort of like Rapture, but I want some people to come by and build stuff. If you have interest in building in this city, post here and I'll send you co-ordinates.))

2. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Cool story
    -Solar

3. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

LAME,go eat a wener
    -Troy

4. Shinki

Shinki New Member

This reminds me of a game that I played in my childhood. It was really old and was only capable of being played on an antique that had been passed down by my late grandfather. I remember that the people in the city turned into monsters, and everyone went insane.
    Meh.
    -Lucius Septimus Magnus

5. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

ID: xXForgemasterscientistXx

Do you have laws against science there?

(Vex)

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Any city where a lack of ethics is shown as a positive thing is not a city where I want to live.

-Johnson

7. OdinOnlineAlive

Allright, since it seems all you parasites enjoy this altruism stuff, tell me, how would you run a city that upholds individuality?

-M. Vercotti

8. VaporDispersion

VaporDispersion Superflappy Dogefish

I do not believe in Individualism. Sentience is too dangerous to not be controlled. Just look at my alcohol consumption and tell me there shouldn't be someone to stop me.

-Jimmy

9. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Who is John Galt?

10. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Ain't not John Galts here. Ain't even a Howard Rourke. Maybe a wanna-be Rearden, but ya'll is just slimey wanna-be's like that weasely Taggart bro. L2P or gtfo ain't no jectivists in this Galaxy just wanna-be wankers.

-OldWorldClassy

11. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

I'm in... - Luke Alstrand

12. Deadkool-aid

Deadkool-aid New Member

I'm interested
    -Arthur

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

((the Ailanthus tribe's home planet is named Eden... though it's not public yet... This is awkward...))

14. OdinOnlineAlive

((The planet is actually not named yet. The eden awaits refers to a fact that the colony is an objectivist utopia. As for anybody interested send me a pm and i'll give you the co-ordinates. Its not open ICly but OOCly you can start building if thats your sort of thing.))

15. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

((K, yay i don't have to rename mah colony))

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

((Why would Florans name a planet after something from Human mythology?))

I can see no way this can go wrong. Good luck with your objectivism.

-Monroe

17. Kitsune

Kitsune New Member

Yo dawg, I heard you like bootlickin' the rich.

But nah, really. We need a city that caters to the lower and middle class. No ethics science sounds kind of cool, so long as there's some limits. But all in all, the idea sounds like shit, mate.

(( Posted anonymously; no voice recording. Only typed text. ))

18. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

No Ethics on science would sound great, were that not meaning that no one would live there for exactly that reason. I do not want a scientist invading on my rights for the sake of scientific progress. Whilst a great thing in theory, it sounds like a terrible idea in practice. I can see this project quickly falling apart into chaos.
    -Silt

19. OdinOnlineAlive

I never said there would be no laws. I simply said scientists would be able to study what they wish without anybody questioning it. If I had a cure for a disease and was on the verge of a breakthrough, but I was not allowed to finish my research because some charity said Animal Testing was inhumane, I would be quite cross. I wouldn't let the scientists break into your house and kidnap your children and turn them into zombies though. Human testing, if necessary would be done through volunteer work. Your human rights will be fine, after all, if all the scientists were running rampant, where would the industrialists get workers? Where would the artists get the subjects of their works? Where would the common man find his friends?

Scientists will be free to experiment unless they tread on the profitability of other fields. I hope you change your mind and decide to visit when the colony opens to the public.

-M. Vercotti.

20. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Ah. Regarding this information I think it would be quite nice to visit. I apologize for the misinformation.
    -Silt