1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Community Opinion: Healing/Recovering time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keycross, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

yeah, it really is annoying, and I think that people should still go to hospitals and such, and not just have magical fix-me-ups in their ships, because its not like we have cast making things, or auto-stitchers in our houses IRL, we need to go to a hospital for those, so even if ingame we have super healing procedures, we should still go to a hospital, and if we dont, we should have to deal with the injury as if it was as severe as IRL, because its hard to fix yourself up.

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

even so, itd still take recovery time even with advanced medicine, its scifi, but avians still havent figured out how to make a jetpack...

3. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

bubble boost and butterfly boost

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Those are most likely NOT canon. Even if they were canon they're probably rare artifacts.

5. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

#45 Khaltor, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  6. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Huhwha?

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

You liked my post, i take that as a compliment, like the self-gratifying ass i am

8. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

As this was planned to official state "i'm no longer a power gamer yaaayyy....." We had Nox beat the pulp out of asa, destroy her signature "cut threw impervium" blade, and caused her mechanical eye to malfunction drastically. As in reality, Asa should have been dead, but to bypass this since I still want to play her, and so many people don't want to see her go, I've put her in a Coma with a fractured Skull, broken nose, broken hip and rib, and several bruises and cuts.
    Now, In reality she shouldn't be out of this coma for close to half a year, but this is starbound and we've decided to set it up for 10 days.
    8 more days left and I'm starting to think about cutting it down to 3 more days. Especially when you play a bed ridden corpse, being hospitalized isn't a fun experience. I shall say, having visitors weep over her cold, pale body is slightly amusing, but not as amusing as if she could walk around, let alone talk. Keep in mind, the 5 day Coma is JUST THE COMA. I still have to remain in a bed for x amount of days before the bones heal -_-

Now, As you can see I have many alts, however, some I don't even play, others are not developed enough to be remotely interesting. And some.. well, Dr Ashford still needs to die.

That being said, Holding /several/ PC's in hospital beds during the events of the virus prove to be a bigger task than I thought. Wile I sat there I watched as plays talked out of character, bored out of there minds. I resolve this problem, we built them an entertainment area. tables, games, piano. Sort of like a hospital bar. this was a good addition as it removed the isolation aspect, allowing the PC's to wander about and interact with one another. Of course they still missed the real bar scene, so the event was canceled.

9. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I "only" lost everything waist down and imposed a 2 week recovery time on myself... You have no really pressing ooc reason to fastforward it. I had to fastforward cuz i had to take over the tribe cuz sharp left... So 4 days instead of 2 weeks OOC...

10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Skull fractures and bone break of that scale doesnt heal in hylotl, probably have to replace em with metal plating...

11. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

Whoever starts the list of common injuries and scaling times/issues, best do some research into those actual injuries, and the average treatment for such.
    Maybe even some horizon-treatments we're developing today for zest.

12. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

THROUGH not threw, sorry, you just keep repeating that mistake....