1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Community Opinion: Healing/Recovering time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keycross, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Yeah... Your floran character shouldn't have recovered at all. It doesn't matter if florans can regenerate or not, or if they have an entirely different anatomy, if you were close enough to lose half your body due to C4 detonation, and one as big enough to do that at all, then your character should be dead for a BUNCH of reasons. Such as losing a bunch of vital organs. Or massive internal bleeding. Hell, even cranial internal bleeding or a concussion would've killed her right there on the spot.

2. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

I volunteer to create a list of "common" injuries and the time it takes for healing (also adding the modifiers for advanced technologies, as well as permanent damage) in another thread.

Where should I place it? Would General Discussion be a fitting place, or do you think somewhere else would be more appropriate?

Also, PM me your suggestion about what you think should be included in the list. I'll be sure to take feedback after publishing it, of course.

And if you don't want me to make this list for whatever reason, simply tell me.

3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Killing my character wasn't planned in the event, i wasn't that close to the explosion and i was armoured and somewhat shielded.

4. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I second this idea, its good to have guidelines for how long someone should be suffering from an injury, and if permanent, how it should effect them for the rest of their probably short life.

5. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

This is what people are talking about when they say that consent is abused

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

[​IMG]
    If an instance/event/happening is planned out with certain people dying a certain way and other people not dying as an immediate consequence then its not abusing consent. Abusing consent is someone walking up to you, shooting you in both your kneecaps and stomping on your newly disabled self and then refusing to die as an immediate consequence to their action.

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Not entirely, the plans stated we could kill off canon fodder characters, which we did and that only players that wanted to could have their characters killed.
    A group of bandits carrying 10 units of C4 around is kinda stupid. It wasnt as strong as actual c4 otherwise the entire building wouldve collapsed. If you want to kill off my character for that then your heist would have failed cuz the entire building wouldve been destroyed and your ship wouldve been damaged.

#27 Khaltor, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  8. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

We agreed before the event that no actual characters die. (It was the Outcast raid on an Order Warehouse at Stark).

9. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Thanks, couldnt have said it better myself...

10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

We should also make rules for the time required to adapt to new cybernetics.

11. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Cybernetics is a little touchy, it really depends on individual willpower/effort into learning how your new arm/hand/eyeball works.

12. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

There should be an utter MINIMUM time though

13. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Fair nuff. A lot of stuff goes into attaching a cybernetic, you gotta wire shit up, measure and calibrate etc etc BUT once the arm/leg/wang is in the state it should be in to be fully functional is when the recovery process should start. I say go on a % scale type deal. 0-35% in week one, you can move your arm, bend the elbow, and maybe wiggle a pinkie if you try hard enough. Week 2 35-60ish% You got the basics down, you can pick up small things, and flip the bird properly. Its not as responsive as you'd like but hey, at least you can 'stranger' yourself. Week 3 65->100% THATS LESS THEN FOOL. Your arm is almost as good as new, you can move that sucka around no big deal, hell people don't even notice its a fake anymore, its so natural it looks like a sick ass tattoo.

From then onward you could argue that the arm becomes more efficient then your old one did, because robot.

14. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

I would like to point out that EVERY HUMAN SHIP has a machine that completely recreates the person, all their memories and items too, so I think that RPing a super quick recovery from a gunshot or broken bone is not THAT absurd.

15. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

For w3 as good as old.
    For w4 a little better. Its still a replacement arm, not a super weapon... Unless you specifically have smt like that... But where to draw the line... Y'know, God-moding/powergaming-wise...

16. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Thats NOT canon, blindingly obvious so too... I thougt you knew better than that...

#36 Khaltor, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  17. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

The issue isn't really immersion or reality, its that things like hyper fast healing or total regeneration kind of cheapens consequences. Whats to stop anyone from doing dumb shit that could get them killed or at least brutally maimed if they're A-OK in time for dinner. Take Asa for example. She got the living PISS beaten out of her by BIG BAD baby Nox and is in a 10 ooc day coma, it really adds to the idea that this was a brutal and horrific one sided beating that Asa will hopefully learn to not try again.

18. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

This is purely a gameplay device, same as a pixel printer. There is no mention in the lore of this ressurection tech, otherwise none of the lore characters that died wouldve died. Assume that perma death mode is canon in-universe. Especially canon RP-wise.

19. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

I know, I know, BUT still, this is 400 years in the future, people PROBABLY learned how to make injuries recover MUCH quicker than they do now

20. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Yeah, a couple of days instead of Months or Years... Still, it promotes an RP trend of overagression due to lack of consequence...