1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Pixels and Printing, what is the server's stance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malachar, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Something i've never really seen touched on. What is the server's stance on pixel printing?
    How far can one go with it?

I ask because it's something I rarely see actually RPed.

Do we say for many items we "buy" them by printing, or does our ruleset prefer actual craftsmen?

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Generally pixel printers are rarely used in RP. And when they are, they are usually just like normal 3D printers.

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Most of us try to keep the 3d printers and pixels apart because they only bring up more questions.

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Exactly the point of this thread.
    To get a "Word of God" statement on what is allowed.
    Be good to know how "far" personal pixel printing permissions [aliteration bonus]
    are allowed.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I personally use printing for components. Thinks with non-moving parts that need to be duplicated. I've avoiding trying to force this on other players, as I simply say my workshop machines:

A: Are designed to handle certain materials only.
    B: Require said materials in a raw form in order to make.

The only real time I've used this is in relation to my gunsmith character, who after making weapons offers to to mass produce for a bulk fee. The fact they would need to still hand compile each weapon even with the printing device still adds time and labor to the process.