1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Seaguard Y/N Good?

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by CaptainBritton02, Aug 8, 2014.

1. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

So I want some stuffs on how ppl who've met seaguard think of him. AKA Good or no?

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

He should be dead. He constantly babbles about having killed thousands in a great war, about committing genocide, about committing murder, etc. The fact that someone has not put a bullet in his head is a sign that either a.) people are ignoring him, because 'genocide's just a part of life' or b.) someone's hiding behind consent.

Seaguard seems to sway back and forth between violently delirious and upstanding citizen, and seems to have changed considerably since his conception as a character. Beyond that, he doesn't really seem to fit anywhere, as the HKC has floundered and died without Beluga's activity.

Put simply?
    1. Seaguard is a mess. Both from an IC and OOC perspective.
    2. He doesn't have a place to be, he sits in a bar all day.
    3. From an IC perspective, he's essentially a crazy hobo walking around in old military fatigues and talking about murdering entire species for the slights of the few.
    4. From an OOC perspective, he simply annoys me and, probably due to the void of lore that the Hylotl are, seems to be a black mark on the Hylotl people. (Peaceful, imperialistic, proper, somewhat naive, aestheticism as a defining trait to therir society.)
    And while the Hylotl are a bit of a void in the lore, they are still defined as a somewhat peaceful people concerned more with art and culture than with war. Heck, it's implied that the whole reason they lost their homeworld is because their standing forces were trivial in size, if they had them at all. They're not natural soldiers and scientists (though I suppose that reaches into my issues with the HKC as it was).

3. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Fix your god dam description

4. Sen

Sen Guest

Not a Hylotl.

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Everytime I see him in bar he keeps talking about how big badass he is.

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Got it. To-do-list: Make Jackson's Name whisperable and kill off Seaguard. I was hoping to kill him off anyways because A( He takes up too much of my time, and B( He is more of a human in a scaly suit.;