1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Questions about muscular tearing in Florans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donovennn, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

My Floran character had chronic seizures, and also got ape flu. because I wanted some drama, I decided that the combination of seizures and the muscle spasms basically tore apart his leg muscles.
    I'm fine if he stays that way, but is it actually possible for a Floran to recover from this, or not?

2. Sen

Sen Guest

According to Taranis, no injury can be fatal. Lose limbs all you like, regrow it with magic sap.

3. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

For a serious answer, muscle in animals/humans are actually one of the fastest healing/regrowing things in your body, muscle tearing and regrowth is actually the entire concept of building muscle.
    Taking into account florans are 90% plant people where most everything is the same, this would likely also apply here.

Also due to the fact that florans can Psychicly contorl plants [something i never knew until recently], there's low chance of that "plant muscle" regrowing incorrectly like can happen with sprains and such in humans and other meat creaturs. This is of course assuming florans can exert their control over themselves to some extent.

And I would recommend you stay away from anything that feels like "magic instant bone-regrow cream applied directly to the forehead"

RP out that regrowth over however long it would logically take place, like a week for limbs, maybe 2 days of bedridden for muscle regrowth.

4. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll do the two days of recovery. this is actually convenient, as my computer is broken and I need to wait that amount to get it repaired. Thanks for the advice.

5. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

[​IMG]

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This part of their canonical lore is very vague (let's be honest, most of it is). It never states what amount of control they can exert over plants. Is it a gradual "grow trees the way they want them" kind of control, that takes weeks. Is it the Sadida-esque magic levels of plant control, where they can use vines and crap as natural weapons (probably not).

It also never states how they exert this control, whether it is through techniques, passive influence or literal psychic power (probably not).
    Link: http://starbounder.org/Greenfinger's_Notes:_Treetop_Dwellings

Very vague.
    ----
    One of the major issues we have right now is the fact that people recover from injuries near-spontaneously. I'm glad you're asking for advice over simply rubbing some super-gel on that there tear and insta-healing it away.

7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Indeed, The florans control over plants is less "poison Ivy" more "altered growth"
    Like, make a potato grow into a shape you want instead of the normal one.

And yeah, psychic probably isn't the best word. It could be something like pheromones, or even some secret plant language.

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Most probably a growth hormone like Auxin. They might have a way to stimulate the plant by secreting or producing hormones and proteins causing the extra growth and manipulation of plants.

9. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

OK thank you everyone for the input. I think I'll have him recover eventually, but in the meantime it will help build character.
    so yeah, thanks for the input.

10. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

Ok, dredging this back up for reasons.
    As some of you know, I've been absent for awhile because my computer broke.
    I have decided that ICly Hans has been in a private rehabilitation facility, getting therapy to have his legs fixed.
    Now, when he comes back, he will be able to walk, but only slowly and with the assistance of leg braces.
    So my question is, how long should it take for him to regain full use of his legs, if at all?