1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Self Doubting time! Sharptooth. OOC likeable or completely hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switchback, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

i laughed.

But really, guys, if you don't have anything constructive, I urge you to bugger off. Eight pages has made this thread's opinion pretty clear.

Constructive posts, however, are always welcome.

2. Felix

Felix New Member

A healthy dose of constructive criticism and "community shaming" is never a bad thing, foremost.

I'm of the opinion, however, that this should have been handled in private by the moderators. I don't mean to sound high and mighty here, I'm just a new face and all -- but I feel like it might have been far more appropriate for players to report to and talk about these things to the moderators so they could handle it. If the situation devolved to the point where a significant number of players felt that Gramps was unapproachable ICly or OOC in regards to these issues and they didn't "want to deal" with the character -- I think that's the limit. About that time it's time to talk to a moderator and Gramps given a fair chance to change in private.

Any time players feel powerless to deal with someone on a OOC level that's a sign to approach moderators and let them handle it. I feel like this was a heated dogpile more than constructive criticism, and although I agree about Gramps being defensive -- I think any of us in the same situation would feel the same way with several posters rather nastily jumping on them.

Just something to consider, I suppose.

3. The Grand Mugwump

Anyways, locking the thread. It looks like everyone has said what they felt needed to be said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.