1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Self Doubting time! Sharptooth. OOC likeable or completely hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switchback, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Either, I didnt see this, or I glanced over it. I dont really look at things concerning people who dont have anything to do with my RP at the time

2. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

"I don't acknowledge things that don't confirm my views" - tomwell1, 2014

3. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Guys, at least actually quote her. Don't be rude.

4. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Gramps is a good guy, he just needs to comply and work with the rules a bit more, along with allowing a bit more bad things to happen to Sharptooth since you obviously can't stop everything bad that happens to you, I mean look at Sam he's one of the most shit characters on the server, he harasses people sometimes even in a hint of sexual harassment eg. slapping a butt or two, he insults just about anyone he doesn't immediately like, he is outright annoying, sometimes even gets violent and abuses people. But in return I let almostly anything happen to him. I guess you should just always expect that when you do bad stuff, bad stuff happens to you, y'know, karma and stuff.

As for the ERP I've only noticed it once and that was like three months ago, it wasn't even that bad, it was like: "they touch you there hueh". But then again I'm not around most of the time because of timezones and I need to get my beauty sleep, so maybe I'm not seeing it right, maybe more things like that have happened that I am not aware of.

But anyways, I like Gramps but he just needs to pushed back onto the right path of pleasant roleplaying, some of you may think that push needs to cover a mile and some of you think that that push would only be about a foot back.

Edit:
    Also I'm reading on and on about how things were voided and how stuff wasn't done right by Gramps but I have seen very little/no examples of when those things occurred, AGAIN that may be because I am not around most of the time or maybe I was and I've just missed it.

#84 Sammy McHammyDoodle, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  5. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

tom is a strange name for a girl

6. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

So far, this thread has proceeded exactly like the one before it.

Albeit more vehemently. It was primarily why OOCly, I stalled in some aspects of dealin' with Dreg because while Dreganius is friggin' great. I wanted absolutely nothing at all to do with Alianthus, primarily because of the whole Immortal Unhurtable Sharptooth and Harem Friends. Dreganius and I can play fair. That's a given. Gramps? No.

7. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Not what I said.
    If it doesnt concern my RP, why would my character, which was Lucile, care about what happened with my ex planet which she stopped mostly visiting after her discharge.

8. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I can agree that many comments right now might appear harsh or outright rude. But do understand that this whole fiasco with Sharptooth was going for a long, LONG while and people are simply tired of it. They don't want to bother helping Sharptooth anymore, because many done it before and it was voided and forgotten the next day.

If mods won't do anything about it, then Sharptooth will act as a victim after this and nothing will change at all. If not get worse.

9. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

how is this relevant

10. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

11. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Its relevant to what you said.

12. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Faction Leading comes with consequences if your faction ever does anything controversial or offensive. The vast majority of Faction leaders know this and roll with it. Because they know they ask a lot of other player. Especially with hostile stuff. If anything it's part of what spurs some faction leaders to play smart when interacting one on one cough cough. Because if you don't want to be a big ol' floppy phallic figure, you gotta accept that you're just as susceptible to being killed as the pc's you killed/beat/maimed/try to kill/etc.

It's been said a dozen times, but doing otherwise is just a blatant slap in the face of other players. If anything, it shows that you really shouldn't be leading a faction. Ask any faction leader still around, or previously around if they would accept permadeath if the story and method made sense, and most would say "Yes."

It's a courtesy to the fellow players as a whole, whom you are ASKING consent from on a regular basis

13. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

no it isnt

14. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

15. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

I completely agree. Being super harsh on someone in an interventionish situation like this doesnt help them at all. You need to try to at least be a critic, not outright rude.

16. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

SO. aside from you people being completely rude and all. what actions have i voided? please indulge me oh great and wonderful people.

17. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I never said that it doesn't help. But no matter.
    You see. In Sharptooth's case, being actually helpful doesn't help either. Because it will be voided.

18. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Hey, you asked for help. You cant get all snooty, just ask. It will just piss people off more.

19. Sen

Sen Guest

Code:
    findstr /i "void" %1 1>working.txt
    findstr /i "<sharptooth>" working.txt 1>>%1.output.txt
    Here we go!

20. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

I wish I knew what that meant. Like, at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.