1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Self Doubting time! Sharptooth. OOC likeable or completely hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switchback, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Problem: Abhorrent history of... "RP"
    Solution: Kill Sharptooth and start a new character, make sure he/she isn't bordel.
    Difficulty Level: Saying goodbye to a group of moving pixels on a computer screen.

2. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

To be accurate, first time it was John to feed her, back in Marathon

3. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

if youre talking about the incident where a pen was thrown at me Skarti was by all means being a dick towards me. it was obvious that he was just trolling. but i guess people fail to see that.

By that logic Sen should also be long dead by now. as well as Firedrinker. and the wolves...

4. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

You guys are fucking awful. Instead of say how she can fix this, most of you are just shitting on sharp. its not cool, and if you wanna ride a bandwagon, go do it somewhere else. I have never heard before Sharp abusing consent, and I think I would at least had heard that once if it was a huge problem. And, Edvyn, what the hell? I mean, that isnt helpful, constrictive, or useful. Its just fucking rude.

5. Sen

Sen Guest

Nothing has changed. Still hated.

6. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Err. Well, about that.
    They probably should be.

7. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

Dont even bring up Sen. If I had known the definition of powergaming oh so long ago, Sen Powergamed.

8. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Same problems as usual in Gramps case.
    GL;HF
    Make another pity thread and ignore all advice and throw a tantrum.

EDIT: Added smiley face.

:)

9. JimHarrison

Hrrrngh.

Despite the harsh wording of the majority of these comments, the main point is still correct.
    Just because you don't want your character to die doesn't mean that your character shouldn't die.

As for those people mentioned above, they've been guilty of the same things. But Sharp asked for opinions. Y'know. Opinions happened.

10. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

it is not my duty to be helpful, constructive or useful

I'm just here for the ride

I love to laugh

11. The Grand Mugwump

When did Sen rip someone's arm off, injure, or kill another person without getting injured in the process? I'm actually trying to remember if he has killed anyone ever besides my character. >.> My character who had been around for two months died to critically injure Sen. That's the sort of stuff everyone here is talking about. If you're going to walk around messing other people up, it's common courtesy to give others the same privileges.

And constantly voiding what other people do is extremely ultra mega rude. It is one of the rudest things you can do in RP to say someone else's actions don't exist or belong in your world. It's a slap in the face to everyone involved.

12. Sen

Sen Guest

Tu quoque.

But history has shown that is what you do best. You ask for criticism, Gramps, but your intent has never been to take this criticism to improve your roleplay to a state that is more acceptable to the community.

It's quite clear the intent of these threads is only to attack critics and attempt to dispel criticism aimed towards you.

On another note, I haven't seen Sen or Firedrinker around. Have you?

13. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

Okay, children, playtime's over.

Allow me to introduce the new rule that governs player conflict and roleplay on this server. This will replace every law governing consent, fighting, and everything else you people are throwing pissy fit temper tantrums over. You might even recognize it as an adaptation of the rule that keeps us humans in real life from degenerating into a pissing contest between unfunny shitlords.

Expect others to do unto you as you would do unto them.

Trying to argue or imply otherwise is patently useless and you should feel ashamed of yourself for even trying.

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Then put them in a position in which they should die, and see if they scream 'void' or 'consent'. A violent character who is smart enough not to get themselves killed is different then someone who flaunts the fact they aren't dead and uses it to bully everyone, but as soon as they retaliate, shouts at them to stop. Beyond that, simply pointing the finger and saying 'but they get ice cream!' is a poor excuse.

I don't particularly KNOW much about Sen and Firedrinker in-game, as neither has been around for a considerable time now actively. You want clear defined problems?

1. You abuse consent. If someone tries to kill you now, or a hit squad attempts to take out Sharptooth, it won't happen.
    2. You abuse voiding. Whenever anything happens that you don't like, you cry out for a void.
    3. You constantly stretch the limits of logic. How much can Sharptooth get away with before someone steps in?
    How to fix these things? Don't abuse them. If you want a character who won't die, make a civilian, who lives a peaceful life and doesn't stab the crap out off everyone who looks at her cross-eyed.

15. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Sen did avoid bunch of shit by blatantly godmodding back in the days. Not sure if he still does that. But what Sharp is doing right now is basically "HEY BUT THESE GUYS DO THAT TOO SO THAT MEANS I CAN DO IT!"
    Yeah guys. Don't be rude. It's not like this whole Sharp fiasco lasted forever.

16. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

17. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

With all the cases I have seen to Sharp wanting do something, With Viiker, he just let her take it. I dont even recall Sharp after marathon cutting any limbs.

18. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Pretty much this. Once more.

SharpTooth wouldn't be such a joke/whipping boy for the server if it were otherwise. :D

19. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

Someone's desperate for some plant boobs.

[​IMG]

20. JimHarrison

Y'know, most folks never even cut off even a single limb?
    What unfulfilled lives they must live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.