1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Self Doubting time! Sharptooth. OOC likeable or completely hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switchback, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Please be gentle i'm really unsure right now... ;~;

2. Sen

Sen Guest

Still hated.

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Reason of ERP existing on this server.

4. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

I don't not hate you

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Of all my issues (many though they may be), my greatest issue with Sharptooth is this: No. Consequences. Ever.

Sharptooth has physically assaulted people unprovoked, constantly threatened and stirred up trouble with those she dislikes, she demands some kind of physical symbol of her own vengeance (whether it be a brand, or a limb, or what-have-you), and holds 'diplomatic authority' as grounds to strong-arm other factions into giving her what she wants.

Any other character would have been shot and left for dead 500 transgressions ago. Sharptooth receives a slap on the wrist. A day in jail. Or less than that. Anytime that there IS retaliation, the cries, nay SCREAMS of "void" fill the air. The consent rule is not something to hide behind.

6. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Hiding behind consent often results in a very poor reputation as it's essentially a get out of jail free card when it comes to consequences. The ERP didn't help either.

EDIT

This is actually far better than what I could have said. Basically this. It's why I always dealt with Dreg for anything Order related or Taranis related ever. Dreganius understands consent, and how NOT to abuse it. Etc. He also does not throw tantrums, or toss VOID around unless it's a legit, serious thang. My advice, go to Dreganius and ask him to help you.

And secondly. The ERPs are like a nasty stain. You've been caught what, 2 times that I know of? When you were caught, not a single mod ever was surprised at all. Not even in the slightest. Be less blatantly obvious with that is what I would suggest :D

7. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

[​IMG]

8. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Sharptooth is one of many under the 'No consequences flag', but taken to an extreme. Now, if that violence of her let other maim her in retaliation, it would begin to be a different story.

9. Switchback

who said at all i was hiding behind consent? i'm open, and always have been about sharp getting attacked and maimed, i just don't want her to die is all, excuse me for wanting to keep a character actually like around. the ERP is a different story all together and should not be brought up here.
    Thank you Sen your response is always enlightening and useful...not

10. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

11. Switchback

Yeah thanks... i'll go plan sharps death now since everyone wants it it seems....

12. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Constant avoidance of any consequences at all, ERP, poor quality roleplay, infamous Sharptooth's harem, etc. etc. Your reputation fell so low that even Hades considers it an underground level.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

I hear lying is a good way to become hated.

Telling people not to post criticism when asking for criticism is also a good way of doing it.

14. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

CUT
    MY
    LIFE
    IN
    TO
    PIE
    CES
    THIS
    IS
    MY
    LAST
    RE
    SORT

15. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

cut muh life into reese's

16. The Grand Mugwump

I recall the sharp end of a pen. But I suppose its understandable you don't remember because it was VOIDed.

17. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

have you tried not having plant sex where everyone can see you

18. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

A character like Sharptooth should be constantly prepared to die. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
    With everything Sharp has done, she should have as many IC enemies as OOC haters, but they won't ever be able to do anything about it, because you will never consent to death. Even though doing so would be the appropriate thing to do at this point. You just cut off a man's limb in public. AGAIN! People are in their right minds to want Sharptooth dead.

19. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

no seriously

[​IMG]

does the idea of banging carnivorous plant warriors turn you on or something

20. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Pretty much the above. IF you want to have a pc take actions that could potentially harm or kill other pcs, you are damn near obligated as a courtesy to your fellow community peeps, to be open to the same possibilities. ESPECIALLY as a faction leader. ESPECIALLY if that faction makes threats etc.

To do otherwise, is just a slap in the face of anyone who ever consented to their character being harmed/maimed/dying as a direct or indirect result of interaction/conflict with Sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.