1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

USAF's Demise (Come shoot at us!)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CouchPotato360, Aug 7, 2014.

?

When do you think the event should start?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. August 16th 6PM EST (Saturday)

28.6%
  2. August 16th 8PM EST

28.6%
  3. August 16th 10PM EST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. August 16th 11PM EST

28.6%
  5. August 17th (Sunday)

14.3%
  6. Delay the event for a week!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

If there are any spots where natural cave systems come underneath and close to a section of the base, blast charges could create a quick and (somewhat) stealthy entrance. There are many more things, but It mostly depends on how Union is built...which I haven't seen.

2. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Opening holes through explosives is hardly stealthy. Vibrations, yo.

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

One: Are you the one who snuck into our embassy when it was locked down by blowing a hole in the side of it? 'Sneaking in to a place' doesn't really count for beans if you do it while no players are on, hell it's bad form and it's considered a voidable act because... well, no one knows what the hell you're doing. Two: Wetwork isn't the point of this operation. The point is to kill/detain as many people as possible and OOCly scare them off.

4. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

no vents then?

5. Keycross

Overlooked that post.

There was a security issue posted a few weeks back. If you were indeed the one who tore apart a section of the embassy (which can be considered griefing, btw), Fleet considered voided whatever happened for:

1) As Felonius said, no one was around to 'defend' it. Rping against other players/factions when they aren't around is, in the very least, cheesy. It's like raiding the Wolves vault when no one of them is around, and find holes in the path to it.
    2) Not informing/planning it with the faction. It's disturbing and pissing off getting next day to a place and just do guesswork of what happened, repair damages and try to look for whoever it was.

It's all in the past and we didn't care much even when it happened. If you weren't the one, apologies. What 'legit recon' did you conduct?

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Actually, vents could be used for other things. Gassing the colony instead of bombing it would be a good way to 'peacefully' try to pacify the colony.

7. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Also, a thought that had come up on a very basic level was that if more players joined, and they wanted to make a new USCM faction, they would be considered the new squad that was sent there. We could choose to tell them or not what happened before, as CENTCOM may or may not make it public information.

8. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Very possible.

9. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

Alright alright guys, I know that stuff may seem relevant but this is still an event discussion thread. After some more internal planning we've decided that this upcoming Friday/Saturday sound pretty good for a date when this should go down. Time zones are definitely going to be a tricky thing here, as not everyone is going to be able to make it regardless of what time we choose. I'd like to get our operators and USIF boys to Union for some familiarization and planning, either contact me on steam or be at Union around August 11th, 6:00 PM EST ( tomorrow! if you can't make it don't worry, but this could potentially pose a problem in the future.)

10. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I won't make it

#90 FFPLEASE, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  11. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

6:00 PM -> 00:00 here.
    Most likely not possible.

12. CrackShotCleric

[REDACTED] Wasn't me, but I am not at liberty to share details as to proving such.

My point still stands. Wet-work is both possible and relevant.

#92 CrackShotCleric, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  13. CrackShotCleric

A breaching charge would hardly be noticed if a secondary team were to cause a distraction elsewhere. Furthermore, using breaching charges changes the game plan from a total stealth mission towards a "shock and awe" deal. If I get operatives in two places underneath the facility to where they can breach inside, the defenders are going to be tripping over themselves in confusion as they struggle to coordinate against the surprise attack and try to figure out where they came from. This would be further compounded if I were to set explosive charges elsewhere to go off right before I breached so as to draw attention elsewhere.

14. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Pretty sure that's the knight's order of Taranis you're talking about, not the holy fleet. We never had a "Champion" or a "Floran territory". Hell, we never even had a treasury.

15. Keycross

Holy Fleet never had any treasury, a floran territory or a champion in its ranks. It was based at liberty Mills :/

16. CrackShotCleric

There is a difference? my bad for confusing my "Holy Orders" but the original point still stands, going quiet IS possible, even if it seems otherwise.

17. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Well there arnet tunnels underneath union anyway so thats nixed. Only the two entrances. Otherwise the outside walls have blast shielding multiple feet thick.

18. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

@CrackShotCleric

I don't think running around an entire planet on foot to reach the other side of something is a sensible IC way of breaking into anything. Ever.

19. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

Would another gathering tomorrow at 1:00 PM EST sound reasonable to those who couldn't make today's?
    Edit: We'll probably be having these gatherings every day up to the event, some possibly IC to solidify their place at Hammer Point.

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Does this gathering include the UPC peeps, or are we excluded because lolcannonfodder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.