1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

USAF's Demise (Come shoot at us!)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CouchPotato360, Aug 7, 2014.

?

When do you think the event should start?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. August 16th 6PM EST (Saturday)

28.6%
  2. August 16th 8PM EST

28.6%
  3. August 16th 10PM EST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. August 16th 11PM EST

28.6%
  5. August 17th (Sunday)

14.3%
  6. Delay the event for a week!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Confuse them by telling the history of the faction. I am sure that will be more then enough.

2. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

I know there are a lot of present similarities, but we don't want to directly embody the United States military structure. CENTCOM is our equivalent of a unified command structure, all that the United Systems has left at this point. Technically MARSOC would be running this operation, as it is not a joint one, but these men were directly gathered for this operation by central command.
    On the other hand, you're more than welcome to make your character a recruit in the indigenous forces, or treat said main as a recruit. Their dossier will be accessible on the database, so no specific recipient is needed.

3. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

So many acronyms, even they begin to spew them out.
    BRILLIANT
    ALSO I AM A LAZY ASS AND WILL GET TO WRITING UP THAT OUTLINE TOMORROW
    Even though I prefer making personalities for characters after i play them for a bit, though I do need an outline. not like he's going to live but hey

4. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

This is Green-on-Green. It's Black Ops.

Stupid question.... What database? This one? or the faction one?

5. CouchPotato360

The IC faction database, ....which hasn't been touched in a while.

6. CrackShotCleric

Alright. I'll get on that.

7. Wreth

Wreth New Member

What happens to the faction's influence over the local area of space?

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Alright. We'll have to talk legit plans for this assault, because it looks to me like we're going to be a team of 5-7 against 50 bajillion. When five people, black ops or not, assault a base, you stand your ground and kill them, not run. Too many advantages. Home turf, resources, BODIES... This is going to have to be done really well or it's going to cave in on itself with either the entire assault team dead at the door, or people screaming at eachother.

9. CrackShotCleric

you need a man on the inside...

10. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Mike Alford

#70 FFPLEASE, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

You wouldn't beleive how long we were in steam chat trying to plan this out on how it would go down.
    To get good rp, the intended result, and the desired outcome.

One of the hilarious things we found is that it's harder to escape union than it is to break in.

But that's why there will be leaders for all the quads, people who know what all needs to go down, and can subtely push things towards the needed scripted parts while still ensuring great RP.

12. CouchPotato360

Honestly, Antares is of no real strategic value. I'm pretty sure they'd either pull out completely or maintain a very small presence, the Drosera tribe would basically be unshackled.
    These operators are also going up against a small platoon of mostly lightly armoured and lightly armed men, most commonly wearing a vest or simple fatigues and carrying a sidearm. Obviously they're going to lock down or sabotage any means of organized retaliation before things have a chance to really go loud. Their job is to seize the assets and capture the personnel, not blow them away on sight. We're trying to keep a balance of power here, the operators have superior body armour which is capable of simply shrugging off handgun cartridges, shotgun slugs, and even some rifle cartridges(not heavier armour piercing ones.) They also have the element of surprise, during the beginning. It's intended for there to be just enough operators to force us out, but not not enough to just murderlize everyone or be stomped by us with ease.
    Still, this is subject to change depending on the input from our participants, you guys have just as big of a say in this as we do.

13. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

We should plant a bomb.

Though I guess that depends on if Union will actually be abandoned or not really it's totally absolutely up to you guys.

14. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

They are US... and technically, Union DOESN'T know what they come there for. A bomb gives away their true intentions. (backstab backstab)

15. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I wish this event would be like some spy movie
    vents and stuff

16. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Wetwork's hard to do in Starbound.

17. Wreth

Wreth New Member

You can use the ball Tech for crawling, as it lets you fit into smaller places than usual

18. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Do you remember CENTCOM operators are going to use a bulkier armor than a kevlar vest, which weights as hell?

19. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Allow me to elaborate: One, that would mean forcing them to build an entire ventilation system. Two, it would undo the plan to have the entire operation be an escape, because we'd be trying to quietly eliminate our targets. If we do so successfully, there's no reason to run until it's too late. Third, A 2d plane makes hiding hard (Though I have seen good uses of the cameraman helmet). Finally: META! Everyone's going to pile on us in a heartbeat no matter what happens.

20. CrackShotCleric

I wetworked into the Holy Fleet's castle IC before they left. Had it verified as a legit recon that I both survived and escaped from unnoticed.

It's very hard to do, but not entirely impossible. It mostly depends on where they place guards and how and on what it is built...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.