1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Dumb Noob Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zhaag, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

How do I edit my description? I see a lot of players do what I assume is an inspect ability on objects and characters. Some characters appear to have their own custom description of how they appear to other players. How do I make mine and how do I inspect others?

2. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

Simply put, Starcheat.
    More in-depth: You need to have Starcheat, or use something like Starreader in order to change descriptions and such. All you need to do is download starcheat, launch it, and select your character. After this, just go to the little "Description" box on the top right, right under name. Type in what you want, and be sure to save. Launch Starbound, then click the magnifying glass when in-game. Click on yourself, and you'll see your description. Read other characters descriptions by clicking on them with the little magnifying glass.

3. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Thanks a million.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

While it is rare issues arise, please be certain to always backup your player files when attempting to alter them through a third party program, even if the game itself saves backups.