1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Heal Sap Thingy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFPLEASE, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

So I readed floran lore because I was enough bored to do such thing and at end I realised there is nothing about it. I don't know what's with that. I've seen few people using it IC. Anybody could give an answer what it is? ill giive cookie

2. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

It's custom lore made up by the floran community of this server. There is also bunch of other stuff which are just ramblings of a madman, honestly. They decided that simply playing a savage plant man isn't enough for them, so they made up either unfair or simply stupid perks for their race.
    As I understand, it's a thing that is used by florans to avoid consequences from losing a limb or whatever. To simply regrow it and walk fresh the next day. I do know that there are some who either don't use it because how stupid it is or use it, but don't allow it to go easy on them. Like the regrown limb becomes weak for a long period of time or something else.

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I guess that thread can be locked, thanks Fin.

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

True enough, the sap thing is kind of weird, now that you mention it, but everyfloran's using it, kinda, it's basically a low tech medical juice thing, to keep Florans from dying due to sap loss, in and of itself it shouldn't have healing properties.

5. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Floran regeneration has been discussed with the staff before, and was thougt to be plenty reasonable and realistic to be accepted within the server community. But that doesn't mean a Floran should be able to regrow limbs in a day or two. It should instead take an OOC week to regrow a limb.

My Floran, Nightshade, lost everything below her waist due to an explosion, i'm having her out of commision, unconscious for atleast one IC week, while "regenerating/healing", then when she wakes up after a week, she'll have to rest in the medical branch (on the Tree, get it? medical BRANCH lawl) on morabre, for another week.
    => 2 Weeks downtime.
    Sounds fair enough, compared to my fellow Floran players.
    Speaking of unfair, the Glitch have tons of unfair perks that aren't supported by the lore either. Currently writing an article on them like the Floran, to balance them out. They'll still have that convenient limb repair, but it'll take about as long as normal Floran regeneration, as a glitch's inner workings are more complicated than just welding limbs back on in 5 minutes.

TL;DR Yeah, both Floran and Glitch recovery should have to take quite a lot of OOC time, i mean they can already regain lost body parts by repair/regeneration, but that doesn't mean it should be super fast and convenient as well. That's too OP, indeed.

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Locked by request of thread creator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.